Indirect Tax, Compliance Manager, IF100: Birmingham
Who we’re looking for
PwC are the market leaders in global VAT compliance services, providing services to many of the firm’s largest and most important clients. We provide clients with VAT compliance services throughout EMEA and also Asiapac and Latin America.
Within our IF100 Indirect Tax Compliance team in Birmingham we are looking for an experienced individual looking to develop their career in indirect tax compliance within an established team.
Working within the wider team you will be responsible for the preparation of draft indirect tax returns using our Indirect Tax Technologies. You will be allocated to a limited portfolio of clients in order that high quality returns are produced and client relationships are developed to maximum potential. You will be responsible for liaising with clients and the wider PwC network in order to ensure quality and timely delivery. You will build relationships with both client contacts and the PwC network.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on ad-hoc global VAT compliance projects, wider Indirect Tax process projects and assisting clients on issues such as overseas registrations, e-filing, potential impact of new overseas Indirect Tax legislation and tax authority audit support etc.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to work on complex and challenging assignments. This is an excellent platform for furthering your career within VAT and opportunities for training are available.
The role will be based in central Birmingham.
About the role
- On a day to day basis responsibilities will include:
- Coaching and guiding others within the team who are less experienced.
- Dealing with client financial data and processing into our Indirect Tax Technologies
- Running and reviewing the client specific exception reports produced by the technology
- Managing timetables and contractual scope to ensure delivery against compliance obligations
- VAT technical and accounting review of draft returns and client specific exception reports;
- Selecting specific transactions for further review;
- Liaising with the appropriate client personnel;
- Liaising with the global PwC network;
- Ensuring high quality service delivery to our clients;
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT compliance;
- Amount of time office based: 90-100%
- Amount of time at client sites: up to 10%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasional
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
- Opportunity for working from home?: No
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
Essential skills and experience
Successful candidate will need to possess and demonstrate a broader range of capabilities and skills, including:
- Good relevant work experience within VAT and the ability to demonstrate technical ability;
- Good analytical and numeric skills including bookkeeping;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good self-organisational skills
- Energy and enthusiasm;
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed;
- A commitment to team working;
- An ability to work within a strict timetable and deadlines
- Evidence of coching and guiding others