Consulting - Strategy – Energy, Utilities and Resources, Snr Manager
About the role
Our teams work with clients through all stages of consulting projects: identifying the major issues that the client is facing, generating hypotheses against those issues, structuring; performing analyses, identifying creative but pragmatic options against potential market scenarios, developing conclusions, making strategic recommendations, and then developing plans to operationalise the agreed upon strategy.
The Strategy& team currently has an opportunity for experienced Strategy Consultants at Senior Manager grade in the Energy, Utilities and Resources (EUR) team. We are seeking to recruit a number of highly experienced Energy, Utilities and Resources professionals with a clear record of achievement and progression in either a leading consulting firm or in-house with a sector- relevant company or regulator.
As a Senior Manager in the EUR team, you will have a wide range of responsibilities from client service to internal business development. You will work on client projects in teams of varying sizes and staff levels, and you will have additional responsibilities to coach and develop less experienced team members.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Partner team, key responsibilities are:
- To manage individual work-streams on client assignments, structure the work schedule and support driving each assignment to a successful conclusion
- Producing clear, persuasive and concise documents for senior audiences
- Planning and managing the delivery of quality work as part of the project team
- Directing the quantitative analysis, assessing the depth required for an individual work-stream on each assignment, translating the analysis into useful findings and quality assuring the results in conjunction with project leadership
- Work with project leadership to define the source and level of data gathering necessary and judge the necessity of client interviews and the strategic content of those interviews
- Responsible for managing the development of junior team members (internal and client) during the length of each project and identifying opportunities for them to grow and build their skills
- Building productive and lasting client relationships at all levels
- Building productive and lasting relationships within the PwC Network at all levels and be seen as a valued member of the office community –contributing to internal, firm-building activities proactively
The successful applicant will have:
- Deep knowledge of the sector in one or more of the following areas:
- the oil & gas sector in at least one of the three major activity areas (upstream, midstream and downstream); knowledge of the petrochemical and/or oilfield service sectors would also be advantageous
- conventional and renewable power generation, retail, trading, project development and financing, industry disruption
- water, including regulation, market development, wholesale and retail operations, capital projects
- Extensive strategic, commercial or regulatory experience, strong interest in strategy development, and an ability to articulate the strategic factors driving the energy and utilities industry today.
- High levels of numeracy and must be a highly motivated self-starter.
- Thought leader in EUR sector strategy, regulation and operations processes / practices; viewed by clients as an expert who they turn to for help and advice on their most difficult issues
- Strong change and people leadership skills, track record of successful change execution and an exemplary track record in providing client satisfaction
- A strong team player with empathy, humility and dedication to joint success and shared development
- Exceptional analytical skills with documented experience of the ability to solve unstructured problems – sometimes involving large amounts of quantitative data, but also in data-light environments, with a structured and hypothesis driven approach
- Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership skills and experience of managing functionally, geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier university, likely to Masters level
- Excellent client handling skills with experience of leading external client projects and/ or large scale strategy and operations change programmes
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability and flexibility to operate successfully from boardroom to shop-floor.