Corporate Finance - Real Estate Strategy - Manager - London
About the team
The team are management consultants and provide strategic property and performance improvement advice to major occupiers and investors of property. We assess property problems from a top down business approach opposed to from a bottom up technical property perspective - in order to ensure that our advice meets the organisational, financial and tax planning needs of the business whilst also being deliverable in pure property terms.
About the roleT
The role demands strong business development and creative problem solving abilities, allied to natural personal initiative, quiet self-confidence and the ability to handle pressure. Your intellect, enthusiasm, confidence, communication and people skills are most important and you will be expected to run delivery teams on multiple projects simultaneously, lead interactive workshops, present findings to large groups of senior stakeholders and to assimilate strategic findings from quantitative and qualitative analysis.
As a Manager within the team, the individual would expect to be involved in and leading the following types of work:
- Developing Real Estate strategies, relocation and portfolio plans
- Delivering detailed Feasibility Studies and Business Cases
- Defining a sourcing strategy and managing the procurement of real estate-related services
- Asset based transactions, in particular in the context of fixed income analysis or structuring joint ventures
- The design and implementation of corporate real estate management functions and process redesign
- Performance assessments and independent reviews
Essential skills and experience
The role is for a strategic property specialist, who has direct and extensive experience of advising large financial services occupiers. The role requires a strong understanding of the property sector with experience to provide a sound basis from which to advise clients. This experience may include: occupier advisory, business strategy, liaising with statutory bodies, property development, site acquisition, sales, and property valuation.
Applicants should have practical experience of advising senior executives in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Preparing business led estate strategies for corporate occupiers with associated options/ relocation appraisals and business cases
- Advising on cost reduction programmes across estates and facilities management functions to drive out efficiencies including managing outsourcing procurements
- Advising on performance improvement, process redesign, organisational design, property systems and efficient asset management practices within property and FM functions of occupiers or investors
- Investment surveying managing complex or fixed income transactions, advising on joint venture structures, funding options, OpCo PropCo splits and transaction structures
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in leading client delivery is essential. The individual will have the ability to meet deadlines in a pressurised working environment. It is essential that team members can grasp and interpret facts and deliver decisive advice to clients, having regard to the sometimes sensitive nature of the work being undertaken.
- Strong financial and analytical skills combined with a good understanding of business and finance and an interest in working on projects with mixed property, tax and accounting teams
- The individual will be able to communicate and work with others efficiently. Commercial awareness will be at a level which allows identification of client requirements, business issues to improve client service and risk issues in undertaking the work.
- The individual will be capable of delivering high quality formal reports, demonstrating strong analytical skills with an ability to think laterally.
- A good honours degree (or equivalent) and MRICS or relevant business master’s degree optional but valuable.
- Substantial relevant management consulting or property advisory experience, ideally including a good working knowledge of the commercial, residential and development land sectors