Head of Marketing - Assurance Technology - 12m Contract
About the team
The Sales & Marketing Team (SMT) is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to deliver:
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience
About the role
We’re looking for a commercially minded senior manager level candidate to lead our Assurance technology marketing, which includes cyber security, data & analytics and technology risk. These are strategically important areas for PwC and, as such, you will be a key member of the Assurance marketing team.
The Assurance line of service at PwC provides market-leading services to a range of clients including some of the most innovative and successful brands in the world. It encompasses products and services designed to help our clients harness the technological revolution, navigate regulatory uncertainty, and build trust with clients.
The role offers a significant development opportunity for senior managers seeking to make a step change and increase their business influence and impact.
The successful candidate will challenge and consult the business on the shape of the overall market strategy. As such they will be responsible for the development, planning and execution of all marketing activity.
To make an impact you will need to be self-starting and inquisitive in order to develop a thorough understanding of the strategic drivers for the business and the markets in which it operates. Experience in technology markets is essential.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing for Assurance and working closely with the Assurance leadership team, you can expect challenge and ample scope to develop. You will need excellent influencing and communication skills in order to make an impact on senior management. You will encourage creativity and innovation within your team and have the confidence and resilience to put forward different concepts and ideas.
Experience of leading teams and a proven track record of delivering a broad mix of marketing activity is essential. You will need to be a role model to other team members with the ability to coach, develop and inspire junior team members to become highly effective marketers.
The successful candidate will be part of the broader PWC marketing community and will be encouraged to draw upon this wider network for development and delivery support.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
Consult and challenge the business on the shape of the overall market strategy
Have the creative confidence to evaluate the effectiveness of our comms.
- Provide leadership in the delivery of all marketing activity across multiple channels.
- Provide expert advice on the most appropriate approach, content and channel mix and be accountable for ensuring that quality and brand standards are always upheld.
- Define short and long-term ROI measures and take responsibility for delivery and evaluation of ROI on specific campaigns.
- Proactively seek new channels to market and innovates to engage with our audience in different ways.
- Work effectively with other parts of the marketing, communications and business development function.
- Drive quality standards through the team and monitor service levels so they are maintained consistently.
- Ensure that our marketing activity is continuously improved and experience, information and knowledge are shared.
- Manage performance effectively and provides opportunities for individual growth and development in line with career aspirations.
- Ensure the alignment of individual objectives with business priorities and strategy.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in technology markets
- Strong communication skills, able to be commercial and credible with senior leadership.
- Experience of leading high-performing teams.
- Graduate calibre with a proven track record in the provision of multi-channel marketing campaigns - technology services or solutions marketing experience favourable.
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing strategy matched to commercial objectives.
- An expert understanding of marketing programmes and channel management.
- Strong knowledge of new and traditional marketing channels; experience of digital marketing would be an advantage.
- The ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Strong people management and development skills.
- Proactive with a positive ‘can do’ approach.
- Self-starter able to work effectively as part of a team.
- A sound business understanding as well as being risk aware.