Who we are
PwC’s Operate is investing in the further expansion of its managed services offering and are seeking to recruit Project managers who can help us deliver operational programmes for our clients. We run a wide variety of projects for our clients, but primarily they focus on compliance or regulatory issues. We are therefore looking for experienced Project Managers (at a manager level) who can support and manage the execution of complex projects, ensuring that we deliver top quality outcomes for our clients.
About the roleEvery project we work on is varied, however your typical responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing PwC Operate’s project management framework
- Planning and monitoring the project reporting through agreed reporting lines on project progress utilising specific templates for internal/external review (highlight Reports and Stage Assessments)
- Managing robust delivery of the required deliverables and milestones within time, cost and quality
- Effectively communicating and managing key client stakeholders and also within the PwC project teams, ensuring our projects remain focussed and on track for successful delivery
- Collaborating with other Project managers and Operations managers and continually learning and implementing enhanced project and operational methodologies
- Preparing and maintaining all project documentation including the Project Plan, Stage and Exception Plans as required
- Managing project risks and issues, including the development of contingency plans
- Managing the project team and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Maintaining change control and any required configuration management
- Managing and monitoring all project costs
- Conducting end of project evaluation and prepare the end-project report including a Lessons Learnt report
- Preparing any follow-on action(s), recommendations as required
- Applying quality management principles throughout the process
Essential skills and experienceEssential:
- Significant experience of successfully managing a range of complex, high value projects and
- programmes from requirement definition through to project closure.
- Experience of dealing with senior client and stakeholders within the business.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines, managing a directing a team, strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Process improvement experience working on large scale programmes .
- Profound understanding and application of Microsoft Suite
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory driven change environment
- Previous experience of working in an IT enabled change environment
- Previous experience working within a banking environment
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as PRINCE2, Six Sigma, Leanxxx
What's in it for you?
As we’re responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We’re also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. You’ll therefore be included on our specific Augment training framework, which will be tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us, you will complete externally accredited qualifications that will benefit you in the roles you are working in. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership style.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment:
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
You will be based in Belfast however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.