Talent & Development Instructional Designer(Perm/Fixed Term Contract)
The T&D’s, Learning Design team are responsible for designing training to the business and are looking for an Instructional Designer to join them.
The successful candidate will work with the wider Learning Design, Strategic Relationships and Learning Experience teams to deliver highly effective training content and learning design strategies using adult learning principles. They will be responsible for creating learning solutions that embed the 70:20:10 principle and align with the learning strategy.
They will work on a variety of projects and initiatives related to all areas of learning within PwC at a UK and global level, this may include R&D, sharing expertise and compiling points of view papers.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
Act as expert adviser / Subject Matter Expert (SME) to teams across T&D around learning design and adult learning principles to ensure optimal solutions are created to meet business needs
Work with the Strategic Relationship Leads to understand the requirements of the customer, and define the kinds of learning that would be the most appropriate using both digital or face to face modalities, technical and non-technical subject matter
Draft and agree scope, objectives, design proposals, detailed design plans, delivery and evaluation in conjunction with the wider Learning Design, Strategic Relationships and Learning Experience teams
Ensure the design meets the learning objectives and budget parameters and that there are appropriate evaluation interventions in place
Be customer focussed at all times – understanding their needs and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
Work closely with assigned SMEs
Responsible for keeping abreast of latest external thinking and best practice and bringing this expertise to T&D.
Have an awareness of Intellectual Property Rights (i.e. copyright) requirements applicable to their activities
- Deep technical knowledge and experience of learning design and adult learning principles
- Passionate about learning and development. An expert who is fully abreast of new thinking in the profession with strong networks
- Innovative and creative in design thinking and when approaching new challenges
- Experience of designing high quality blended learning solutions that will bring business benefits to PwC
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to adapt and work effectively in a changing environment
- Strong understanding of and a passion for eLearning and Learning Technologies and how they can be used to add value and transform the way we learn
- Strong understanding of digital development tools, including Articulate, Lectora, Gomo, GoAnimate, Webcasting (inc Webex) and LMS systems
- Strong interest in quickly developing knowledge in latest learning and development methodologies and technology
- Excellent project management, organisational skills & budgetary experience and able to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to effectively identify issues and be able to apply sound conclusions resulting in the right solution, at the right time and at the right cost
- Goal orientated – maintains focus on agreed objectives and deliverables
- Commercially orientated – keeps commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as a track record of working professionally and collaboratively as part of a wider-team
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Communicate confidently and effectively, at all levels, both in written and verbal form
- Highly energised and motivated to effect change and influence the firm’s approach to people development
Application closing date 23 Feb 2018