Senior Project Manager
PwC’s strategy is to be the leading technology-enabled professional services firm which means that technology is at the heart of everything we do.
The UK technology team (UK IT) are integral to this strategy. We are a group of over 200 technologists and commercial thinkers embedding digital into the heart of the firm. Collectively we are building relationships and facilitating new solutions across the business which allows us to deliver products and services that are changing the way we work as a firm.
The project delivery team within UK IT are at the forefront of this journey, and it is within this team that we need to recruit a series of Senior Project Managers to help us drive the delivery of these new solutions.
Our Senior Project Managers are responsible for leading teams to deliver complex IT project(s). These teams can be a combination of UK IT teams, 3rd party vendors and contacts within the business. There is also a significant emphasis on interaction with and management of very senior stakeholders. You would be responsible for managing resources, schedules, financials, risks and issues and scope in order to deliver against project priorities. We use a range of project management techniques and you would be responsible also for determining the appropriate methodology for the projects you are leading.
● A mindset that challenges rather than simply understands and accepts
● Passionate about technology, innovative, inspirational
● Previous experience at Senior Project/Programme manager level working with Director or Partner level stakeholders delivering IT services, software development and infrastructure.
● Ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships well with senior stakeholders
● Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work managing to budget, schedule and quality
● Ability to manage demanding sponsors, influencing and leading meetings and presentations to executive board level
● Technically competent with software including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects, ServiceNow, TFS/VSTS
● Ability to blend and deliver either Agile and waterfall techniques as appropriate to the project.
● Relevant professional qualifications such as PRINCE2, PMP, MSP, DSDM, ScrumMaster, ITIL
● Previous experience of delivering projects in a regulatory driven IT change environment, (ISO27001)
Manchester, with some travel to our London offices