Consulting - Tech - Oracle BI Strategist
About the role
As part of PwC’s Technology Consulting practice, we have the privilege of acting as trusted advisors to a diverse and expansive client base, spanning multiple geographies and industries. This means that we have a real opportunity to enhance and refine our clients’ businesses through the use of ever evolving technology. Of course, this will only be possible if we have the right people, with the right skills and the ability to push the boundaries of how new technologies can support future business models. That’s where you come in.
You will be working with thought leaders combining deep industry expertise with a passion for Oracle and technology. Our team is made up of experts like you, focussed on Oracle technologies. As a consultant, you will blend technical skills with creativity to develop ideas into solutions. Through our industry leading methodologies you will work closely with our clients to transform their business.
As you grow as a consultant in PwC you will be expected to perform additional responsibilities such as; supporting proposals, business case development, requirements gathering, workshop delivery, business process design, functional and technical design, vendor selection, systems build, test and deploy, stakeholder management, change management, people/line management.
This role will require you to have both breadth and depth in reporting using Oracle technologies. The role fundamentally comprises of two key skills - the first is client facing delivery skills whilst the second will comprise of technical ability. The role will specifically require the individual to:
- •Lead the Data, Reporting & Analytics work packages to deliver timely reporting and analytics that our business and clients can trust
- •Deliver innovative data, reporting and analytics solutions and strategies, including self-service and web-based reporting and analytics solutions including Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Hyperion and Oracle E-Business Suite reporting applications
- •Assist with defining the data, reporting and analytics roadmap and long-term strategy for clients
- •Prioritise work on projects, support tasks and delegate appropriately across your delivery teams
- •Communicate effectively with internal project teams, clients and other parties involved in the delivery of client reporting strategies and initiatives on large transformation programmes
- •Assist in the development, growth and retention of junior resources
Whether you engage with our clients as an advisor, reviewer or resource on an Oracle project, you will strive to deliver quality, value and satisfaction to our clients.
- Opportunity for working from home? (Limited)
- Amount of time client based (At least 80%)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The role requires specific expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Reporting Strategy Advice and Documentation - Analysis of the client’s current reporting mechanisms, identification of technical and functional efficiency opportunities, recommendations and roadmaps for reporting and user strategies, and technology product roadmaps. This will predominantly be for strategies covering the following Oracle reporting technologies – OBIEE, OBIA, OTBI, OTBIEE, BICS, DVCS, BIP, Oracle E-Business Suite reporting and EPM products.
- Reporting Competency Centres – Help in setting up and supporting Reporting Competency Centres.
- Cloud Technology - Working with cloud data centres and deploying Oracle BI products on cloud compute and cloud storage. Also, experience of devising reporting strategies which leverage the Oracle Cloud reporting products, as well as the reporting products available within the Oracle Cloud ERP systems themselves.
Supporting and Desirable Technical Expertise:
In addition to an advisory role, you may also be "hands-on", architecting and delivering Oracle BI solutions to clients. Experience in a combination of the following technologies and products is preferred:
- Oracle Data Warehousing – Design, Build, Test and Deployment of data warehouse structures, predominantly Star Schemas & Snow Flake Schemas
- Oracle Data Integrator - Design, Build, Test and Deployment of ETL/ELT processes for overnight batches and close to real time data loads
- Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Services – Delivery of the platform - Environment commissioning, Design, Build, Test and Deployment
- Oracle Data Visualisation Cloud Services - Delivery of the platform - Environment commissioning, Design, Build, Test and Deployment
- Oracle Business Intelligence OBIEE – Application Installation, Design, Build, Test and Deployment. Experience should include building custom solutions for clients
- Oracle Business Intelligence OBIA - Application Installation, Design, Build, Test and Deployment Experience could also include implementations of Financial Analytics, Procurement and Spend Analytics, Project Analytics and HR Analytics
- Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence - Application Installation, Design, Build, Test and Deployment
- Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition - Application Installation, Design, Build, Test and Deployment
Additional desirable product experience would include:
- Oracle Golden Gate Implementations
- Oracle Big Data Implementations
- Oracle Hyperion Implementations – Essbase and FDMEE
- Informatica Power Centre Implementations
- Data Warehouse Administration Console
- Oracle FSG Reporting
- Oracle E-Business Suite Reporting
- Master Data Management – Data Models, Data Dictionaries and experience of MDM implementations
- AGILE Project Delivery
- Data Architecture and Data Governance
- Microsoft Products – MSSAS and MSSIS
Belfast, Leeds, London, Manchester