Consulting - Tech – Oracle PBCS Manager
Who we are looking for
PwC Technology Consulting’s Oracle Centre of Excellence (OCoE) is recruiting individuals with a proven track record in Oracle EBusiness Suite and/or Fusion Applications, specifically technical skills at the Manager level (minimum of 5 years relevant experience).
As a consultant within our Consulting OCoE you’ll work with the latest technologies and big-name companies on projects that are driving the future of those organisations. Here, you will be helping to transform business – and that could mean being involved in any or every part of the process.
You could be brainstorming with the client at the outset of a project, so that you learn how their business works before devising the right strategy. Equally you could be involved in designing, testing or launching the technology that will make the difference.
There’s no limit to what you can get involved with as part of our Consulting OCoE – or where you could be doing it. You’ll need to be fully mobile as you’ll work on client projects that could be anywhere in the country – or even the world. Ultimately, an open mind to take advantage of all of the opportunities on offer is essential.
As part of PwC’s Technology Consulting practice, we have the privilege of acting as trusted advisors to a diverse and expansive client base, spanning multiple geographies and industries. This means that we have a real opportunity to enhance and refine our clients’ businesses through the use of ever evolving technology. Of course, this will only be possible if we have the right people, with the right skills and the ability to push the boundaries of how new technologies can support future business models. That’s where you come in.
You will be working with thought leaders combining deep industry expertise with a passion for Oracle and technology. Our team is made up of experts like you, focussed on Oracle technologies. As a consultant, you will blend functional and technical skills with creativity to develop ideas into solutions. Through our industry leading methodologies you will work closely with our clients to transform their business.
In particular, you will be expected to be responsible for:
- Delivering Integrated Business Planning aspects of a Finance Transformation / EPM change project as a key PwC member of mixed PwC/ client teams
- Leading the delivery of projects or workstreams within larger programmes
- Accountability for the sustainability of project benefits;
- Identifying further service opportunities, while client side
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients
- Your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other finance and non-finance processes is desirable
- Building relationships with our key clients, and supporting business development and sales opportunities
- Being part of the Oracle Technology competency helping to develop our methods and knowledge across our broad Oracle capability
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you
- Opportunity for working from home? (Limited)
- Amount of time client based (At least 80%)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
As a top talent candidate you will be comfortable consulting with our client’s business and IT functions and you can engage easily at all levels, from CFO and CIO to business analyst. You can operate across the full life-cycle of an EPM project, from assessment and design to implementation of system to embedding and operating within the business.
- proven demonstrable Planning/Essbase/(E)PBCS implementation experience, preferably at large, complex multinationals, and are considered an expert and leader in your field
- the ability to articulate leading practice in relation to the implementation of finance processes within Planning & Budgeting EPM systems
- demonstrated a track record of working across the full implementation lifecycle, have some lead experience and can articulate overcoming various challenges in one or more of the following areas: Budgeting and Forecasting, Integrated Business Planning, Management reporting
- a confident approach, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- a flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team
- education to Degree level as minimum
- preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience
- experience of working with other Oracle EPM products such as HFM, FCCS, HPCM or PCMCS
- a Professional Accounting designation (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
Belfast, Leeds, London, Manchester