Consulting - Technology – Oracle BI Technologist
Who we are looking for
PwC Technology Consulting’s Oracle Centre of Excellence (OCoE) is recruiting individuals with a proven track record in Oracle Business Intelligence and related technologies, specifically technical skills at the Manager level (minimum of 5 years relevant experience).
As a consultant within our Consulting OCoE you’ll work with the latest technologies and big-name companies on projects that are driving the future of those organisations. Here, you will be helping to transform business – and that could mean being involved in any or every part of the process.
You could be brainstorming with the client at the outset of a project, so that you learn how their business works before devising the right strategy. Equally you could be involved in designing, testing or launching the technology that will make the difference.
There’s no limit to what you can get involved with as part of our Consulting OCoE – or where you could be doing it. You’ll need to be fully mobile as you’ll work on client projects that could be anywhere in the country – or even the world. Ultimately, an open mind to take advantage of all of the opportunities on offer is essential.
About the role
As part of PwC’s Technology Consulting practice, we have the privilege of acting as trusted advisors to a diverse and expansive client base, spanning multiple geographies and industries. This means that we have a real opportunity to enhance and refine our clients’ businesses through the use of ever evolving technology. Of course, this will only be possible if we have the right people, with the right skills and the ability to push the boundaries of how new technologies can support future business models. That’s where you come in.
You will be working with thought leaders combining deep industry expertise with a passion for Oracle and technology. Our team is made up of experts like you, focussed on Oracle technologies. As a consultant, you will blend technical skills with creativity to develop ideas into solutions. Through our industry leading methodologies you will work closely with our clients to transform their business.
As you grow as a consultant in PwC you will be expected to perform additional responsibilities such as; supporting proposals, business case development, requirements gathering, workshop delivery, business process design, functional and technical design, vendor selection, systems build, test and deploy, stakeholder management, change management, people/line management.
This role will require you to have both breadth and depth in reporting using Oracle technologies. The role fundamentally comprises of two key skills - the first is client facing delivery skills whilst the second will comprise of technical ability. The role will specifically require the individual to perform activities such as:
- Build and deliver full stack OBIEE applications and warehousing technologies including, e.g., ODI, BI Publisher, BICS, DVCS, OTBI and/or OTBIEE
- Deliver end to end OBIA packages including HR, Financials, Procurement and Spend, Projects or Sales analytics against Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle Cloud ERP
- Create Reports/ Dashboards using BI Answers – creation of various reporting views, complex filters and dashboard, prompts, KPI Scorecards and alerts
- Performance tune OBIEE reports and dashboards
- Produce both functional and technical design specifications which deliver business requirements as well as adhering to development standards and best practices
- Unit test and peer review client deliverables
- Support other development lifecycle activities such as extended testing, service introduction, cutover
- Assist with defining the Oracle reporting and analytics roadmap and long-term strategy for clients
- Prioritise work on projects, support tasks and delegate appropriately across your delivery teams
- Communicate effectively with internal project teams, clients and other parties involved in the delivery of client reporting strategies and initiatives on large transformation programmes
- Assist in the development, growth and retention of junior resources
Whether you engage with our clients as an advisor, reviewer or resource on an Oracle project, you will strive to deliver quality, value and satisfaction to our clients.
- Opportunity for working from home? (Limited)
- Amount of time client based (At least 80%)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The role requires specific Oracle BI expertise and consulting experience in the following areas:
- Experience of at least in 2 OBIA packages implemented at different programmes/clients
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g and 12c at all levels (full stack) including upgrade processes
- Deep understanding of Oracle BI security model, cache management and experience of handling data quality control and reporting mechanisms
- Understanding of big data and BI best practice, tools, and understanding of latest industry techniques
- Ensuring that designs form part of a cohesive overall solution for reporting, in alignment with the principles of simplification and standardisation and build of reusable components.
Wider Desirable Technical Expertise:
- Oracle Golden Gate Implementations
- Oracle Big Data Implementations
- Oracle Hyperion Implementations – Essbase and FDMEE
- Informatica Power Centre Implementations
- Data Warehouse Administration Console
- Oracle FSG Reporting
- Oracle E-Business Suite Reporting
- Master Data Management – Data Models, Data Dictionaries and experience of MDM implementations.
- AGILE Project Delivery
- Data Architecture and Data Governance
- Microsoft Products – MSSAS and MSSIS
Belfast, Leeds, London, Manchester