Indirect Tax Senior Manager - Leeds, Manchester or London
About the role
Are you a client facing work winner with the desire to succeed and take a leading role within the North Region? We are looking for an ambitious Senior Manager to join our Indirect Tax practice, based in our Manchester office.
With an unparalleled client base held by the team both in and outside of the region this opportunity represents a real tangible opportunity to take ownership and create your own business and team within our Indirect Tax practice. You will be fully supported by both the North Indirect leadership in helping you achieve all your goals.
|Within the North we provide a full range of audit, tax and related financial advice to a portfolio of clients ranging from large plcs to small local businesses. The team is committed to providing pro-active Tax and business consultancy advice. As well as advising businesses of varying sizes, our clients operate across a diverse range of market sectors.|
We are essentially a consulting business and little of our work is routine. Projects range from one-off initiatives providing bespoke solutions to specific problems, through to advising countries that are introducing VAT systems for the first time. One thing is guaranteed: the Indirect Tax practice offers a wide variety of opportunities.
Some of the core areas you will work in are: governance, risk and control across the end-to-end processes and departmental interactions; in, co and out sourcing of the reporting and compliance needs; data analytics and management in all its guises; shared services, BPO's and lean processing; and ERP, other accounting information systems, and tax engines.
- Previous work experience within the Indirect tax arena. This could be gained through working in Customs and Excise, within Practice at a 'Big 4' firm or another reputable firm or from within Industry.
- Knowledge of the Indirect Tax market is essential, accompanied by strong technical knowledge.
- Proven work winning experience coupled with strong networking and relationship building skills. This will include marketing both in the external market place and internally across other lines of service.
- The ability to fully take ownership of client relationships and be able to cross sell and network internally to ensure their needs are met
- Commercial awareness. This may be gained through specific industry knowledge or through managing a number of clients in various industries
- Strong interpersonal skills, which will be demonstrated through maintaining and developing key client relationships as well as team leadership roles
- Strong technical skills coupled with the communication skills to explain complex issues in clear concise way to clients and non-tax colleagues
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to market yourself and your team both internally and externally
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Flair for negotiating with VAT authorities in order to get the best result for your client
- People management skills with proven experience of delegation and project delivery through a team
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong academic record
- CTA qualified or substantial relevant work experience gained within the Indirect Tax field