Senior Associate - Transfer Pricing
About the team
PwC transfer pricing group has been consistently ranked as the leading practice by the International
Tax Review. We have expert teams across the world comprising over 600 specialists in economics,
accounting, project management and tax law. This combination of experience enables us to develop
innovative approaches to transfer pricing issues.
The transfer pricing network provides advice to clients on all aspects of the UK and international
transfer pricing regime, including the determination of arm's length comparables, policy formulation
and CTSA documentation, tax audit defence and advanced pricing agreements, and reviewing the tax
impact of commercial / business change in the organisation.
Work within the Transfer Pricing Team is mainly project based and will involve working with
multinational companies. It includes:
- Helping clients manage their transfer pricing risk
- Undertaking transfer pricing planning and pricing implementation,
- Involvement and coordination of European and global transfer pricing engagements working with specialists across our global network
- Supporting companies through all elements of business change (e.g. transfer of manufacturing to low cost jurisdictions, implementation of Swiss principal structures),
- HMRC defences; and
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation (including statistical analysis).
Our clients include the leading bluechips, inbounds and middle market companies across many
industries (including fast moving consumer goods, engineering, automotive and retail).
We can offer you great opportunities to work on complex and challenging projects. The Transfer
Pricing Team is a sub-group of our International and Large Corporate Team, which provides all
aspects of tax advice to our multinational clients.
About the role
This role will be both varied and challenging and will provide you with many opportunities to develop
your transfer pricing knowledge, as part of a specialist team and network. For example, you will:
Service the transfer pricing needs of our client base and work with more senior members of the team
on BD opportunities.
Work on all aspects of projects (client relationship, team support and guidance, project management
and financial performance)
- Amount of time office based: 90%
- Amount of time at client sites: 10%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasional
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
- Opportunity for working from home?: Potentially
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
Essential skills and experience
- We are looking for someone with excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Someone who is a Self-starter and has the ability to manage a variety of projects
- Good communication and relationship-building skills both with external clients and other tax
(and non-tax) teams within PwC
- The technical expertise to devise innovative and practical solutions to client problems and to
share knowledge with the rest of the team members
- Experience of business development and marketing
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines.
- An ability to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge; being
intellectually agile and able to think creatively.