Project Manager - Permanent - London
Who we are
PwC Augment is an established business which provides skilled staff members to clients, supporting their Business As Usual (BAU) and / or exceptional projects. Our staff predominately work from client office locations, focusing on supporting clients to implement and execute their specific projects. With over 450 staff, we are a growing business with continued expansion plans following widespread success and demand. We know that our employees make us successful, which is why we are committed to providing career development opportunities, promoting employee wellbeing while also encouraging a culture of innovation and a place where our people can “be the best they can be”.
About the role
We are looking for experienced Project Managers (manager level) who can support and manage the execution of complex projects which are typically of higher risk (technical,
organisational, reputation), high value or are of strategic importance.
Every project we work on is varied, however your typical responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder Management and Reporting. Responsible for setting up and running projects and reporting progress to the relevant senior stakeholders;
- Planning for delivery of large scale programmes;
- Reporting on project costs and forecasts, identifying issues and suggesting potential cost savings for consideration. Depending on the nature of the project, you may also be required to report to external stakeholders, such as relevant regulators;
- Project Communications by developing and distributing internal project communications; and
- Continuous Process Improvement by understanding current practices and identifying areas for improvement.
What is in it for you?
As we’re responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We’re also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. You’ll therefore be included on our specific Augment training framework, which will be tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us, you will complete externally accredited qualifications that will benefit you in the roles you are working in. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership style.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment:
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
You will be based in London however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
Requirements of the role
- Significant experience of successfully managing a range of complex, high value projects and programmes from requirement definition through to project closure.
- Experience of dealing with senior client and stakeholders within the business.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, managing a directing a team, strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Process improvement experience working on large scale programmes.
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory driven change environment
- Previous experience of working in an IT enabled change environment
- Previous experience working within a banking environment
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as PRINCE2, Six Sigma, Lean