Financial Services IT Manager (M&A) - Delivering Deal Value
Line of service
Consulting - Delivering Deal Value
About the team
We currently have a vacancy for a financial services IT specialist to work on fast-paced and often high-profile merger and acquisition (M&A) projects, as part of our market-leading Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team. This role offers the chance to develop your career in the stimulating, challenging and supportive environment within PwC’s highly regarded consulting practice.
About the role
DDV helps clients with the operational and transformational challenges arising from M&A activity, advising on transactions ranging from £50 million to over £5 billion. You will be working with businesses from a wide range of financial services sectors by providing pre and post-M&A IT support. Areas of work include:
- Helping clients to assess the IT environment of target businesses via technology due diligence;
- Helping clients to articulate the quality and performance of their IT environment to potential buyers;
- Analysis of IT costs, including cost synergies that may arise from the merger of two businesses;
- Assisting clients with planning and delivery of technology separation of divested businesses; and
- Working to plan and execute post-merger technology integration projects.
The DDV team consists of c.100 consultants, of which c.15 specialise in financial services. The team works closely with other areas of PwC including Strategy, Financial Due Diligence, Regulatory, Legal and Tax teams. Alongside DDV, these specialist teams enable PwC to provide clients with insights and advice throughout the M&A process.
Whilst primarily London based, the global nature of our work means candidates must be prepared to travel widely when required.
Due to continued success and increasing demand for our services, DDV is seeking to enhance this team via select, high-calibre appointments.
Who we’re looking for
Essential skills and experience:
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with clients or internal stakeholders
- Experience of leading project delivery teams
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to produce high-quality written reports
- Comfort around financial analysis and understanding of the key drivers of financial information
- The ability to quickly understand large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages
- Comfort around IT and operational analysis to understand business processes, their associated costs and potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement
- The ability to understand the impact of IT on commercial, financial and operational aspects of a business, ideally in the context of a transaction
- Awareness of common IT application systems and infrastructure in one or more financial services sub-sectors
- An ability to operate on your own initiative and to work through ambiguity, often to tight timescales
- Experience of working in an IT management or consulting role in financial services, ideally banking or insurance
Desirable skills and experience:
- Degree, MBA or accounting qualification
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the financial services sector
- Managing and delivering change projects involving IT transformation
- Exposure to commercial negotiation
- Amount of time client based: 50%
- Need to travel and overnight stays away from home: Yes
- Opportunity for flexible working: No