Consulting Manager- (Financial Services) - Delivering Deal Value
About the team
The DDV team consists of c.130 consultants, of which c.15 specialise in financial services. The team works closely with other areas of PwC including Strategy, Financial Due Diligence, Regulatory, Legal and Tax teams. Alongside DDV, these specialist teams enable PwC to provide clients with insights and advice throughout the M&A process.
Whilst primarily London based, the global nature of our work means candidates must be prepared to travel widely when required.
Due to continued success and increasing demand for our services, DDV is seeking to enhance this team via select, high-calibre appointments.
About the roleDDV helps clients with the operational and transformational challenges arising from M&A activity, advising on transactions ranging from £50 million to over £5 billion. You will be working with businesses from a wide range of financial services sectors by providing pre and post-M&A support. Areas of work include:
- Helping clients to assess the operating environment of target businesses via operational due diligence;
- Helping clients to articulate the quality and performance of their operating environment to potential buyers;
- Analysis of costs, including cost synergies that may arise from the merger of two businesses;
- Assisting clients with planning and delivery of separation of divested businesses; and
- Working to plan and execute post-merger integration projects.
Essential skills and experience
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with clients or internal stakeholders
- Experience of leading project delivery teams
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to produce high-quality written reports
- Comfort around financial analysis and understanding of the key drivers of financial information
- The ability to quickly understand large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages
- Comfort around IT and operational analysis to understand business processes, their associated costs and potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement
- An ability to operate on your own initiative and to work through ambiguity, often to tight timescales
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services, ideally banking or insurance
Desirable skills and experience:
- Degree, MBA or accounting qualification
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the financial services sector
- Managing and delivering operational change projects
- Exposure to commercial negotiation