London Top Tier Risk Assurance - ITGC Senior Manager
Who we are looking for
London Top-Tier (LTT) Risk Assurance business group at PwC is looking for a Senior Manager to join
their Controls Assurance team. In joining us you will be part of a unique client proposition, assisting our
clients understand and challenge the extent to which their companies systems, supporting IT
infrastructure, processes and people assists or inhibits their strategies to generate value.
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in a wide range of disciplines including
accounting/audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, application and support of information technology,
risk evaluation and project governance. Our people are expected to be capable of applying these core skills
in a variety of business situations and industries and as a Senior Manager, you will be expected to be able
to manage multiple complex engagement/teams in scoping, delivering and quality assuring output.
In addition to your technical skills, you will have proven capabilities in developing relationships, building
trust in new contacts and demonstrating that such trust is justified by delivering into the longer term.
About the role
London Top-Tier provides assurance and specialist advisory services to many of the UK’s most successful
non-financial sector corporates including delivering the audits of FTSE 100 clients, with a number of
these clients also US listed and subject to compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. As the largest of the
UK Assurance business units we are at the forefront and the source of many of the global networks
initiatives offering our people unrivalled opportunities to contribute to the shape of our future business.
LTT's Risk Assurance practice is home to specialists in all aspects of management and control from
Corporate Governance and the assessment of entity level risk to the design of business processes, IT
systems, supporting IT infrastructure and the governance of projects. Our people specializing in Controls
Assurance are charged with integrating these skills into our largest financial audits and consulting
projects in addition to creating solutions directly for our clients. Our client environments are constantly
changing as emerging technologies are introduced, adding new dimensions to our work.
The LTT Controls Assurance team is the global lead on many of our international assignments, giving our
people exposure to teams across the PwC network. This gives members of the team the ability to share
knowledge and develop in a very challenging and exciting environment.
Amount of time office based: 50%
Amount of time at client sites: 50%
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Yes - dependent upon projects and portfolio
Opportunity for flexible working?: Yes
Opportunity for working from home?: minimal but depends on projects
Opportunity for job sharing?: No
You will be responsible for the following:
- Focused and initiative driven to support business development and proposal activity
- A proven track record of building and sustaining long-term relationships with key individuals/ clients.
- Leading the delivery of relevant business process engagements while managing different internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and organizational abilities including project management skills.
- IT risk assessment and IT general controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments.
- Understanding of Control Frameworks e.g. COSO, COBIT.
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) framework and compliance.
- Leading project team on a range of complex engagements, including:
- Assessment or design of IT General controls across the four domains: access to programs and data, computer operations, program development and program changes.
- security assessment at the three layers of security:
- application security (through standard access test and segregation of duties review).
- operating system security.
- database security.
- provision of specialist IT audit support to financial audit team on statutory engagements and advising on impacts to financial risk
- assessment and/or designing risk and control matrix for client as part IT internal audit.
- IT Risk assessments for key operations, major system changes, outsourcing projects, cloud implementations, Cybersecurity, etc. and IT Function Assessments against better practice frameworks (e.g. ITIL)
- impact assessment of IT General controls on key financial processes (incl. procure to pay, order to cash, period end financial close, inventory management, cash management, payroll)
- Leading the direction of scoping, planning and delivery of engagements and discussing findings and reporting to our clients.
- Personnel development via facilitating trainings, coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Development of industry or solution specific materials.
- Raising the profile of the team externally by expanding the network, including with external bodies.
You will apply a client centric approach and demonstrate strong critical thinking skills. It is essential that
the applicant has the following key skills and experience:
- Broad experience in IT Risk assessment and Audit or Advisory, and an understanding of current technology trends.
- Experience in leading and assessing IT General Controls across multiple ERP/Non-ERP applications and supporting infrastructure (Operating systems [UNIX, Windows, OS/400 or IBMi] and Databases [Oracle, SQL, DB2]).
- Experience in leading and the assessing and/or designing risk and control matrix for client as part IT internal audit activities.
- Experience in leading the delivery of engagements while managing different internal and external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of key business processes, and the associated risks and controls
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CISA qualification will be highly regarded as will experience in a professional services environment.
- Exceptional client service skills - Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Data analytics / CAATs experience preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of an ERP would be preferable.