Portfolio & Programme Management - Manager (G&HI)
Who we are looking for
PwC has a global team of Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) professionals who specialise in designing and delivering complex transformational programmes. In the UK we have circa 130 professionals in the competency and now seeking additional Managers for this team
Effective transformational change programmes are characterised by a programmatic approach to delivery and an intelligent, evidence based approach to decision making and governance.
PPM provides this through 3 main service offerings:
- Establishing and governing change portfolios
- Programme leadership and delivery
- Intelligent programme and portfolio office management
With the increasing recognition and demand for dedicated portfolio and programme management expertise, we have several exciting opportunities to join our growing team and bring proven industry expertise and leadership combined with technical skills and a desire to develop our practice, service offerings and industry reach.
About the role
As a Manager in the PPM Competency, you can expect the following:
- Being a key and integral PwC engagement team member, producing high quality deliverables and taking responsibility for managing discrete elements of the programme and/or engagement.
- An opportunity to develop deep technical expertise in complex portfolio or programme environments and to develop broader programme management expertise in delivery work streams.
- Leading small PwC engagements on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the engagement lead, managing the team and taking responsibility for delivery, risk and quality and client relationships.
- Contributing towards and leading elements of PPM competency and people development, business development activities and supporting the growth of our priority industry sectors.
- Supporting the development of others both on and off engagements.
Essential skills needed for the role:
- Substantive industry experience in one or more of the following sectors
- Financial Services
- Retail or Consumer
- Telecoms, Media or Technology
- Energy or Utilities
- Relevant experience of programme, portfolio or project management and delivery.
- Consulting experience from a professional services environment
- Experience of the full PPM lifecycle and an understanding of how the identification of strategic objectives translates into planning and executing complex programmes of work.
- Experience of setting up and managing programme governance at executive and operational levels.
- Experience of defining programme scope and managing and controlling change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and flex style appropriately to achieve the right outcomes.
- Experience of managing small teams and supporting the development of people’s performance.
- Able to articulate the value that programme, portfolio, project management and PMOs can bring to a large and/or complex engagements.
- Planning - Ability to develop a multi-workstream programme plan using MS project or other, including critical path and resource management.
- Risk Management – Ability to develop and manage risk and issue within a programme or portfolio environment.
- Benefits Management – Demonstrate a good understanding of benefits, be able to define a benefits management approach and be able to monitor benefits in line with this agreed approach.
Desirable skills sought for the role
- Constructing business cases for transformation.
- Experience of IT programme management and methodologies.
- Financial programme management experience (cost management and reduction)
- Portfolio management experience.
- Familiarity and/or experience using eTools such as CA Clarity, Primavera, Planview and SharePoint
- APMP, PRINCE2, P3O, Managing Successful Programmes, Management of Portfolios, Management of Risk, or PMI qualification