Business Design Strategist (Senior Associate / Manager)
Business Design Strategist
"The Difference" is a team of people passionate about helping organisations solve their most complex problems, fast. We work on the basis that our clients have the solutions, not us. Our transformational sessions unlock groups’ knowledge, skills and ideas, to find answers to problems and seek new opportunities. Designed for large groups of senior stakeholders, they’re creative, immersive, intensive and collaborative - and no two sessions are alike, as we design a unique experience based on the client’s need, flexing and adapting as these requirements evolve.
We are an ambitious and growing team who seek to deliver exceptional outcomes to clients and to challenge accepted wisdom in all that we do.
Our Business Design Strategists lead Solution Design within The Difference. Solution Design encompasses the end-to-end delivery of our engagements, from scoping through to the running of the session and creation of outputs. This includes:
- Responsibility for the appropriate scoping of The Difference sessions to enable clients to solve their most meaningful problems
- Working with a ‘Sponsor Team’ formed of senior client and PwC stakeholders to co-design the event over the course of a series of collaborative working sessions
- Once scoped and designed, sessions are executed with a delivery team and a participant group of 10-150.
The Business Design Strategist is required to confidently grasp a range of business problems and lead a sponsor group through the design of an event which facilitates solving these problems. You will manage the delivery of this in an environment that enhances and encourages creativity.
Reporting structure & key relationships
The Business Design Strategist works in partnership with a Facilitator to design and prepare for events. In the days immediately before, during and post an event the Business Design Strategist acts as the leader of a group of typically 4 to 12 ‘crew’ who are contracted to deliver these events.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal Business Design Strategist will exhibit the following traits:
- Creativity: In The Difference we seek to challenge conventional wisdom in all that we do. Business Design Strategists will leverage their own experiences, expertise and creativity, and combine these with the depth and breadth of industry and functional expertise across PwC to create unique solutions for our clients.
- Client-focus: Supporting and coaching our clients in whatever goals they may have, and building our sessions around them. In facilitating and designing the events, we remain outcome-agnostic - creating the space for participants to make the right decisions for them, rather than guiding them to a pre-ordained solution.
- Adaptability: Our sessions are constantly evolving throughout the design process, and during the events themselves, as we re-design in the moment to meet changing needs. Business Design Strategists must be comfortable with this ambiguity and have the presence of mind to deliver a seamless client experience in a complex and environment.
- Professionalism: The work of a Business Design Strategist fluctuates in peaks and troughs and the individual must be flexible enough to prioritise and complete tasks during the peaks and maximise time for learning and venture development in the troughs.
Familiarity with the MG Taylor Design Process, and other Design Thinking methodologies would be beneficial.
Business Design Strategists should have a strong interest in design thinking - divergent, creative, integrative, and curious.
- 2+ years in consulting and/or project management, acquiring good core foundational consulting skills
- A positive outlook and good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to work independently and take initiative
- A detail-oriented approach with excellent time management skills
- An adaptable/flexible service-orientated approach
- A high level of computer literacy
- A hunger and energy for a new challenge
Computer Skills Required: Google Suite, including: Gmail, Slides and Sheets
In addition skills in the following products would be beneficial: Adobe Creative Cloud Suit, including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- The overall objective of the Business Design Strategist role is the end-to-end project management of The Difference Design Forums and collaborative engagements.
- Indicative responsibilities include:
- Scope transformational Design Forums
- Design detailed agendas for Design Forums
- Manage specialised project teams of 3-20 for events
- Liaise with other vendors and partners to ensure event logistics are in place
- Facilitate sponsor design teams to create alignment for project approaches
- Scope, compile and edit specialised executive summary documentation
- Contribute to ongoing creation and compilation of Design Methods work product, including: manuals, wiki and explanations of process
Business Design Strategists, as with all members of The Difference team must contribute to a close-knit, high performing team; creating a challenging, supportive and nurturing environment; seeking out personal learning opportunities and supporting a learning environment within the team. All team members will contribute to the ongoing development of the venture.