Forensic Services – Senior Associate
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our growing Reading Forensic Services team who'll be part of the team delivering projects, assisting senior team members in developing new business and helping grow the Reading practice. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a growing team with significant opportunities for development and career progression.
About the role
Forensic Services help clients prevent, mitigate and resolve crises. Senior Associates are key members of project delivery teams. They apply cutting edge techniques to solve complex problems and apply smart solutions to our client’s issues. As part of our team, you could be investigating a wide range of issues such as fraud, bribery and employee misconduct, or working alongside lawyers on disputes, litigations and regulatory matters. You’ll be working in teams of varying sizes generally under the supervision of a Manager or Senior Manager. You will get the opportunity to interact directly with clients and perform scoping, identify risks, monitor costs, draft reports and deliverable and be involved in meetings with senior client stakeholders.
A part of this role will be to help the senior members of the team develop relationships with target clients, intermediaries and PwC colleagues in other business units. We believe there is a significant opportunity to grow the Forensic Services business in Reading, and all members of the team will get the opportunity to engage in business development activities and grow their personal network.
Our team is growing both in the UK and globally, offering excellent opportunities for career progression. There is also a requirement to travel so individuals will need to be flexible with regards to their working location.
In return we offer:
• Variety - An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
• Opportunity - To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and inter-personal skills. There is also significant opportunity for career progression for individuals who successfully deliver projects and contribute towards business development efforts and the growth of the practice.
• Support - We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
• Training - PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and 'soft' (e.g. report writing) skills.
• Challenge - We work in an atmosphere which encourages you to be proactive and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
Forming part of project teams, performing analysis of data, evidence and relevant documentation and producing initial drafts of documentation and reports.
Developing knowledge of Forensic Services capabilities and methodologies, and applying this in your work.
Building your own personal network both within and outside the firm.
Supporting senior team members in producing client proposals and developing thought leadership.
Making a positive contribution to the team environment, coaching junior colleagues and displaying a commitment to excellent client service.
University graduate with a 2:1 degree or equivalent with experience working in a large professional services firm.
An articulate and confident communicator, both orally and written.
Commercial and analytical aptitude.
The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines.
The ability to work independently with little supervision, but integrate well into teams.
A strong desire to learn and willingness to share knowledge and coach others.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Tableau and other data analytics tools