Financial Crime Manager
About the role
Our rapidly-growing Financial Crime team supports many of the firm’s leading clients, largely within the banking and financial services sector. We deliver both remediation and managed services, from client premises and our purpose-built delivery centre in Belfast. We cover a broad range of financial crime-related work for clients, including compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, completing Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and sanctions reviews and carrying out alert and transaction monitoring.
Who we are looking for
As a manager, you would be responsible for the following:
- Working on client delivery projects, you will provide Subject Matter insight and advice around various financial crime reviews
- Coach, train and mentor junior members of the team who are delivering projects
- Autonomously, accurately, and effectively conduct AML, sanctions, FCPA, and fraud related quality control reviews across various client projects
- Identify risks and related controls as well as test and evaluate processes and controls effectiveness
- Perform special reviews or projects, if necessary
- Maintain a current awareness and understanding of the regulatory environment and a working knowledge of regulations
- Assist in preparation for client visits
What is in it for you?
You will be encouraged to continuously develop your career and grow within the team; and you will encourage others to do the same. You will receive quality training that covers both technical and ‘soft’ skills; and will work in an environment where you will be encouraged to be dynamic and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
The role will be based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of AML and sanctions laws and regulations as well as background in internal controls, risk management, and best practices.
- Experience working in an operational role
- Ability to review regulatory requirements or guidance and analyse information to develop testing methodology.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge, such as analytical/judgment skills and critical thinking, with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, organize tasks efficiently, and perform QC testing function accurately.
- Strong analytical skills to identify, document, present, and report issue
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand varying Bank products and services and how they may be exploited for money laundering or terrorist financing activities and financial crimes.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and professional.
- Problem solving skills with proven ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and establish collaborative relationships with business partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Operate effectively under pressure and ability to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Professional certifications preferred (i.e. ACAMS certification, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner)