Contract reviewers and negotiators
Who we are
Are you at home around the negotiating table? PwC’s Operate is investing in the further expansion of its managed services offering and seeking to recruit professionals who are skilled with contract review and negotiation who can support our clients in this area.
Our Contract Review and Negotiating team supports our clients with a range of contractual issues, including ISDA, CSAs and various derivative contracts. We can support by finalising and ratifying contracts, and establishing procedure throughout the full lifecycle of the negotiating process.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic Associates with good attention to detail and a background in banking, finance, investments and/or securities, with particular knowledge of OTC derivatives contracts, ISDAs or CSAs. We are also keen to speak to individuals who can demonstrate experience of contract negotiation on behalf of their clients.
This role will appeal to graduates and professionals with ambitious career aspirations looking for an opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects for international clients within a global professional services firm.
About the role
Responsibilities for successful candidates will include:
- Reviewing / negotiating legal and commercial agreements to agree the contents of the documentation;
- Following a predefined approach to negotiations;
- Developing close relationships with key stakeholders
- Managing your own workload, including reporting on progress and issues to your Project Manager; and
- Developing the ability to be agile and support a range of client/projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A background in banking, finance, investments and/or securities, in particular, knowledge of OTC derivatives contracts, ISDAs or CSAs
- Demonstrable experience of contract negotiation on behalf of clients.
- High level of attention to detail, but can also step back from the detail and see problems, opportunities and trends.
- Strong analytical ability: evaluates information to identify underlying key issues and broader implications.
- Aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, and using search terms intelligently to navigate large databases/ contract management systems.
- Third Level Qualification equivalent to a 2:1 degree, or equivalent
- A minimum of one year’s experience of contract negotiations with the ability to project manage the process from instruction to completion.
- Fluency in a second language with an ability to translate documents into English