Forensics Senior Manager - Reading
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our growing Reading Forensic Services team who'll be responsible for managing projects, developing new business and helping grow the Reading practice. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a growing team with significant opportunities for development and career progression.
About the role
Forensic Services Senior Managers lead projects and work alongside clients in crisis, as well as helping clients to prevent or mitigate crises. They apply cutting edge techniques to solve complex problems and apply smart solutions to our client’s issues. As part of our team, you could be investigating a wide range of issues such as fraud, bribery and employee misconduct, or working alongside lawyers on disputes, litigations and regulatory matters. You’ll be working in teams of varying sizes generally under the supervision of a Director or Partner.
A key part of this role will be to develop relationships with target clients, intermediaries and PwC colleagues in other business units. We believe there is a significant opportunity to grow the Forensic Services business in Reading, and the Senior Manager will be responsible for building client relationships, generating opportunities and helping to grow the practice.
The role will also involve building relationships with clients on projects, performing scoping, identifying risks, providing cost estimates and managing the delivery of those projects within defined budgets. You will regularly report on your progress and findings, and draft formal reports and deliverables.
Our team is growing both in the UK and globally, offering excellent opportunities for career progression. There is also a requirement to travel so individuals will need to be flexible with regards to their working location.
In return we offer:
- Variety - An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
- Opportunity - To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and inter-personal skills. There is also significant opportunity for career progression for individuals who successfully helps grow the practice.
- Support - We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
- Training - PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and 'soft' (e.g. report writing) skills.
- Challenge - We work in an atmosphere which encourages you to be proactive and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing and delivering assignments, including producing documentation and reports, and quality assuring the work produced by junior team members.
- Working as a subject matter expert in your particular field to support a team, and/or managing a larger team in delivering engagements at scale.
- Developing knowledge and sharing this knowledge with junior team members.
- Building awareness of key business and industry trends, and understanding how they impact responses to crises
- Championing the delivery of the highest quality services to PwC’s clients, and actively managing and mentoring junior team members to do the same, while managing the risks to the firm.
Business and practice development:
- Building client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of Forensic Services and PwC. Identifying opportunities for PwC to solve clients’ issues.
- Supporting Partners and Directors in developing client proposals and winning new work.
- Contributing to the financial and operational management of the practice.
- Driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators.
- Providing thought leadership and direction for the practice.
- Helping recruit, retain and develop other team members.
- University graduate with a 2:1 degree or equivalent
- A strong ability to develop long term business relationships with potential buyers and a hunger to be active in the market and win work.
- Experience of range of forensic accounting engagements including investigations, disputes and litigation.
- Experience of leading teams within a large professional services firm. This includes working independently and leading and reviewing the work of more junior team members.
- The ability to review and analyse company information (such as accounting records, operational records or industry data).
- Strong report writing skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Tableau and other data analytics tools
- Foreign languages
- Strong verbal communication, including presentation skills