Employment Tax, Manager: London
The Employment element of the Reward & Employment team provide a wide-range of employment tax and more general employment related governance advice to major employers in the UK. This includes, for example, helping organisations to ensure they are compliant with tax/NIC legislation, support in identifying risks for National Minimum/Living Wage compliance, and in both of these technical areas advising on and assisting with HMRC enquiries and settlement and ensuring effective governance mechanisms. We also assist clients to understand the impact of new legislation on their organisation, both commercially and in terms of their employees and work with clients to design and implement remuneration structures for best value in relation to employment costs (e.g. salary sacrifice) and review employee benefit schemes.
The Employment Team work very closely with colleagues within the wider People & Organisation group who provide advice and expertise on:
- Global mobility
- Human resources management
- Employment law
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our team of specialists to:
- Be market facing and actively involved with the management and development of the London Regions Tax employment taxes team.
- Lead delivery on the breadth of client assignments (e.g. project driven, annual compliance, due diligence) and develop direct client relationships
- Play a key role in the leadership and direction of a growing team, with an opportunity to shape its strategic direction and develop and drive new propositions.
The successful candidate will meet the majority of the following criteria;
- Have a proven track record in business development and management of a broad client portfolio.
- Have sound technical knowledge with a commercial approach, delivering across the breadth of employment tax issues and Construction Industry Scheme.
- Your technical abilities will ideally be supported by a formal qualification (e.g. ATT or CTA).
- Have, or want to extend, knowledge into areas such as National Minimum/Living Wage regulations.
- The ability to negotiate with regulatory authorities.
- Experience in working on process and risk based projects including Senior Accounting Officer and other risk management and effectiveness projects.
- Sound knowledge of payroll and UK PAYE mechanics and other employment tax operational matters.
- Comfort in considering the use of data analytics and technology tools in engagement delivery or employment tax consulting projects.
- The ability to work successfully within a team and to deliver on large and diverse projects.
- Be dedicated to the delivery of high-quality client service with strong project management and organisational skills.
- A track record in managing and developing junior members of the team.