Cyber Security, Financial Services Manager
About the team
We are experiencing significant growth in our cyber security practise which supports our financial services clients. This growth is driven by demand from our clients for greater assistance in dealing with increasingly complex cyber security risks and opportunities resulting from changes to the technology, threat and regulatory landscape.
Our clients include leading global banks, insurers and investment managers. They rely upon us to help them design and advise on cyber security processes and controls, provide threat intelligence, monitor and detect threats and guide them in how to respond to threats, advise on the right corporate culture, and understand legal and regulatory obligations so they can effectively safeguard their organisations
About the role
A Manager in our Financial Services Cyber Security practise provides expert technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients’ business.
You will be a generalist but have specialities in specific areas which can be developed and honed as your career develops. This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across the cyber security spectrum and disciplines. We will offer you opportunities to develop your skills in different areas of cyber security.
In this role, you can expect to perform any of the following client delivery work:
• Provide input to a security strategy and/or target operating model for an information security function
• Conduct a security threat, risk, capability and/or maturity assessment
• Design technical solutions to address specific security challenges
• Provide security subject matter expertise within a wider strategic client engagement
You can also expect to perform the following business development activities:
• Meet with clients to understand their needs and help produce proposals to address them
• Develop toolkits, methodologies and accelerators to enhance our sales and delivery capability
• Contribute to our research and thought leadership to improve the eminence of our practice
• Collaborate with third party vendors to develop new and innovative security services for our clients
Essential skills and experience
As a minimum, candidates for this role must have the following:
• Some (however limited) information security experience in any form (i.e. operational, consultancy and/or sales)
• Strong academic background such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any subject
• Excellent business writing skills
• A good understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems and databases
• Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS)
While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
• Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, RIPA, PSD)
• Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
• Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC)
• Experience working in a financial services organisation of any type
• Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
• Exposure to multi-tier, web based and cloud based IT architectures
• Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
• Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modelling, controls assessment, risk assessment)
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for individuals that thrive in an entrepreneurial environment such that they are comfortable working independently with little supervision and have a strong desire to learn and a willingness to share knowledge.
People that succeed in our business have a passion for cyber security, are naturally inquisitive and get a buzz from solving complex problems. Furthermore, they have a good attention to detail allied with exceptional analytical and technical aptitude. Most of all, they are excellent communicators as we are in a business founded on strong relationships.