PPM - Consulting Senior Associate
Line of service
Senior Associate/Senior Consultant
Consulting - Programme and Project Management
About the team
PwC has a global team of Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) professionals who specialise in designing and delivering complex transformational programmes.
In the UK we have over 100 professionals in the Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) competency who help our clients design, deliver and realise the benefits of complex transformations across a variety of public and private sector organisations.
PPM provides this through 3 main service offerings:
- Establishing and governing change portfolios
- Programme leadership and delivery
- Intelligent programme and portfolio office management
With the increasing recognition and demand for dedicated portfolio and programme management expertise, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Financial Services team and bring proven industry expertise and leadership combined with technical skills and a desire to develop our practice, service offerings and industry reach.
About the role
As a Senior Associate in the PPM competency, you can expect the following:
- Being a key and integral PwC engagement team member, producing high quality deliverables and often taking responsibility for managing discrete elements of the programme and/or engagement.
- An opportunity to develop deep technical expertise in complex portfolio or programme environments and to develop broader programme management expertise in delivery work streams.
- Contributing towards specific aspects of intelligent portfolio and programme management offices (PMO), such as tracking the alignment of the change portfolio, planning, reporting, benefits tracking, risk/issue management, change control, budgetary and resource management.
- Developing team members, in particular, associates on PwC’s Consulting Foundation for the Future programme.
Essential skills and experience
- Financial Services sector experience in capital markets, retail banking and / or insurance.
- Understanding of the value that programme or portfolio management and PMOs gained through project delivery experience
- Ability to articulate the difference between portfolio, programme and project management and be able to explain how programmes, portfolios and projects are different to business as usual.
- Significant experience of at least one aspect of PMO activity, such as:
- Planning - Ability to develop a multi-workstream programme plan using MS project or other, including critical path and resource management
- Risk Management – Ability to develop and manage a risk/issue management approach
- Benefits Management – Demonstrate a good understanding of benefits, contribute to a benefits management approach and be able to monitor benefits in line with this agreed approach
- Ability to identify and generate relevant reporting requirements.
- Ability to explain the risk/control implications when allocating ownership within programme management documents.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
Who we’re looking for
Project, programme or portfolio management experience is essential, with experience working in transformational change programmes or portfolios highly desirable.