Insurance Accounting Advisory – Senior Manager - Bristol
Who we are looking for
The Insurance business group at PwC is looking for exceptional performers at Senior Manager level to join the Insurance team. You will have a strong knowledge of either non-life or life insurance accounting and be a good all round team player with a proven track record in building and sustaining client relationships. You should be ACA qualified (or equivalent), and have experience of managing finance change programmes or assisting clients with accounting advice and be used to working to tight deadlines and handling pressure.
You will be responsible for winning and delivering accounting change programmes, ensuring the high quality of our advice and support to our clients. You will also lead and coach your team members, and manage relationships with senior level clients. More broadly, you will also contribute to the running of our business unit, including business and people development.
About the role
Insurance is a fast growing business with a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, tailored to assist Insurers grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our client base varies – Global multinationals, through to private equity backed businesses and start-ups.
You will gain experience across a wide variety of markets and industry sectors including life insurance, retail GI and Property and Casualty insurance.
As part of the assurance team you will work primarily on accounting change engagements, with the insurance sector experiencing unprecedented change through the impact of IFRS17 the new accounting standard for measuring insurance contracts. This provides an excellent opportunity for strong candidates to broaden their experience and rapidly progress within our firm.
Opportunity for working from home - No
Amount of time client based - 80%
Opportunity for job sharing - No
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home - Occasional
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? - Yes
Amount of time PwC office based - 20%
The following skills are required for this role:
- ACA or equivalent
- Focussed and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- Experience of working with clients in either the FS or more specifically Insurance industries
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Proven ability in leading audit engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of supervising and developing staff through coaching
- Strong project management
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage
- Strong team-working skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques