Portfolio & Programme Management - Managed Services Director (FS)
Line of service
Consulting - Programme and Project Management
About the team
PwC has a global team of Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) professionals who specialise in designing and delivering complex transformational programmes.
In the UK we have circa 120 professionals in the Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) competency who help our clients design, deliver and realise the benefits of complex transformations across a variety of public and private sector organisations.
We are seeking a Director to join our Financial Services team to meet our growing demand in managed services.
As a PPM Managed Services Director in the Financial Services sector, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering PPM technical expertise with industry credibility to our clients ;
- Delivering large scale transformations, covering both business teams and IT, across the programme or project life-cycle with multiple workstreams;
- Designing, building and implementing Programme Management, PMO and Business Analyst managed service delivery using a distributed resource model;
- Managing distributed resource teams onshore, nearshore and offshore, and taking responsibility for delivery risk and quality;
- Supporting business development for the PPM practice, identifying and addressing sales and further deployment opportunities; and
- Playing a key internal leadership role in developing our people and supporting the growth of managed services in the Finance sector.
Required skills & experience
- Experience in managing geographically dispersed teams with confidence and awareness of cultural backgrounds and sensitivities;
- Experience in leading large managed services contracts and managing multiple project managers;
- Demonstrable evidence of portfolio and project management delivery, utilising recognised PPM tools within the Financial Services sector;
- Formally certified practitioner in an industry recognised delivery methodology such as PRINCE 2, PMP, MSP, P3O, PMI qualification;
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and business awareness, particularly in the Financial Services sector;
- Track record of senior stakeholder management, with ability to flex style appropriately to achieve the right outcomes;
- Strong leadership, decision-making and communication skills; and
- Experience in managing financial compliance and risk and quality procedures.
- Opportunity for working from home? Absolutely, though typically client / project dependent
- Amount of time client based? Variable, 70-80% of time
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Absolutely, though typically client / project dependent