Developer / Data Analyst
PwC is in the process of a global process alignment change programme including the implementation of a number of large, cloud-based enterprise systems. As part of this, the UK Data Intelligence team are looking for a developer/data analyst to develop the platform and data analytics practices which will act as the foundation for all of PwC UK’s internal management information reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will have a dual role acting as both a developer and data analyst.
Key responsibilities will include
- Preparing and supporting releases within application lifecycle management and agreed SLAs (dev-stage-prod)
- Providing second stage break-fix support on loading processes and support for legacy platform loading cycle
- Utilising and developing automation ‘quick wins’ on existing platform
- Identification of potential improvement opportunities
- Contributing to design and build of new cloud-based platform
- Data profiling including identification and resolution of data quality issues
- Interpretation and analysis of data using statistical methods
Key skills and experience
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in database development
- Traditional ETL/ELT (essential), API use, web-page scraping (desirable)
- Experience of Cloud-based developments
- Experience of working within a team of database developers including mentoring junior staff members and working with third party developers
- Experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages including familiarity with the SSIS deployment process and environment i.e. Integration Services Catalogs
- Transact-SQL Development across all major object types - Tables, Views, Procedures, Functions, etc.
- Declarative based development using Visual Studio and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- A background and understanding of core database and server administration skills such as creation of databases, filegroups, datafiles, SQL Jobs
- Background in statistics (understanding of SAS/R/Python etc desirable)
- Demonstrable understanding of data profiling techniques, quality issues in source applications and techniques for managing such issues
- Familiarity working within an Agile (Kanban) environment
- Confident communicator with good written and oral presentation skills
- Strong documentation and report writing skills
- Ability to work independently but understand when to seek guidance
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity