Manager - IT Service Management - Financial Services
Line of service
Assurance - IT Risk Assurance
Who we are looking forPwC is the world’s leading professional services firm. We are committed to helping clients set, execute and evolve business strategies that will transform their markets.
At the heart of our ability to do this is a unique blend of innovation and excellence that makes us distinct from our competitors. This is built on three key principles:
- Having exceptional people in every role;
- Being bold and innovative in our advice and solutions;
- Applying a digital mind-set to everything we do.
About the rolePwC wants to recruit experienced ITSM Architects (Individuals with solid IT Service Management design and implementation experience, with ITIL v3 certification to at least foundation level).
ITSM Architects are trusted individuals that leverage the firm’s brand values, and the successful candidate will be one who can skilfully bridge the worlds of IT, services and management and build sustainable relationships within enterprise organisations.
In relation to ITIL and continuous service improvement it is expected that candidates possess experience of the following key areas of ITIL v3:
- Incident management;
- Problem management;
- Release and deployment management;
- Change management;
- Service asset and configuration management;
- Service Catalogue Management;
- Service level management;
- Availability and capacity management;
- Continuity management;
- Information security management;
- Financial management for IT services;
- Continuous service improvement.
RequirementsThe successful candidate will have experience in most of the following areas:
- Working with enterprise organisations;
- Working in challenging organisations that have a high diversity of IT service provision in complex delivery models;
- Working within organisations to define and deliver IT Service Management processes, technologies and structures, liaising with business leaders and stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrates proven knowledge and success managing IT Service Management engagements and project teams specialising in the design and implementation of ITSM processes, organisational structures, functions and technology within the following areas:
- Service Strategy and Design;
- Service Desk, Incident, and Problem Management;
- Request Management / Fulfilment;
- Asset and Configuration Management;
- Change and Release Management;
- IT Financial Management;
- Service Catalogue and Service Portfolio Management;
- Cloud solutions and implementation;
- Data Centre Automation;
- IT Process Automation.
- Demonstrates proven ability and success as a team member on successful enterprise scale implementations of IT Infrastructure or Service Management software packages (including major ITSM vendors such as Service Now, HP, BMC, CA);
- Demonstrates experience in enforcing, and managing a disciplined ITIL V3 Service Management framework culture;
- Providing support and subject matter expertise to service management teams on large transformation programmes, including the IT Service Management, design and delivery teams;
- Undertaking reviews of the IT Service Management processes, technologies and governance employed in existing organisations or in-flight projects, and communicating the findings of the review back to stakeholders;
- Use of new and emerging technologies such as DevOps to facilitate the rapid delivery and maintenance of IT service management;
- Producing white papers, thought leadership pieces or presentations.
- The successful candidate will also have demonstrated the following:
- An ability to advise and interact with all levels of management and staff;
- A clear understanding of the role and value of IT Service Management, ITIL, continuous service improvement, and an ability to communicate this to project teams and clients;
- Very strong business acumen – with awareness of the current business environment and the challenges it presents to enterprises;
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills.