IT Transformation Assurance Manager
Financial Services organisations and systems have become more complex, global and interconnected, due to mergers and acquisitions or in an effort to grow the business or cut costs, complex business models have evolved with increased needs for effective IT programme and change management. Additionally this is a topic that is high on the global regulatory agenda; regulators see this as a significant risk to financial stability and are using their powers to enforce improved practices across the industry.
Our IT Transformation Assurance team work with clients through independent engagements and also as part of wider assurance activities led by other PwC teams to drive exceptional business performance across their IT change and transformation programmes and the projects that they are delivering. This is with a particular focus on helping clients to identify and manage key risks, and to gain assurance around the delivery of their IT projects and change programmes.
The IT Transformation Assurance practice provides a range of assurance and advisory services which includes:
• IT project assurance
• PMO support
• Project management and project delivery
• Projects and change SME advice and support
• Other project risk services (e.g. to support wider operational risk management activities)
About the role
The role holder will be a Manager in our IT Transformation Assurance team and will have responsibility for delivering the range of assurance and advisory services that we provide. This will include management of the planning and delivery of a portfolio of client engagements as well as involvement in work to develop business propositions and generate new business activity that will help grow the team. This will involve work as part of PwC and client teams and also working as an individual. You will have responsibilities for managing junior members of staff and working directly with senior management within PwC and at clients.
- Providing IT Transformation Project Assurance services to clients, including programme assurance, project management and delivery, PMO support, and other project risk management activities.
- Taking responsibility for leading fieldwork on client engagements; and being involved in wider engagement management.
- Exposure to current thinking around specialist areas, e.g. with regard to regulatory compliance or business technology;
- Exposure to current thinking around IT best practices and industry standards for project management and project risk;
- Developing opportunities with new and prospective clients through consultation and by supporting design of innovative assurance activities that address their IT and business needs.
· Direct experience in the management and delivery of IT projects / programmes and/or in the support / running of PMOs;
· Ability to quickly understand and apply knowledge of specific technical requirements associated with common project deliverables, e.g. technology implementations and regulatory change. Has some previous experience in a specific technical area, e.g. has a technology background;
· Good understanding of common IT and business processes;
· Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
· Good understanding of key project risks and risk management activities in an IT context;
· Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams;
· Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and exemplary report writing skills;
· A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions, alongside the integrity and courage to challenge the status quo;
· Well-developed listening and questioning techniques;
· Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
· Prepared to travel in the UK and, to a lesser extent overseas, and to work to tight deadlines, when necessary;
· A breadth of experiences that enables you to hold broad business conversations and articulate complex issues to clients in a manner that is clear and unambiguous;
· ACA (or equivalent) fully or part qualified or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified;
· Working towards PRINCE2, MSP or Agile/Scrum knowledge and/or certification;
· Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge;
· Previous experience performing IT consulting / advisory services;
· Experience in evaluating and performing IT risk assessments and IT risk management practices at a task and organisation level.