Risk Consulting Manager
About the team
Within risk consulting we are looking to hire strong risk managers to work across credit, market and model risk.
About the role
The successful incumbent will join a rapidly growing division in risk management within a leading consulting firm. The team represents a world leading modelling and financial risk management advisory function. The team develops, implements and reviews models including but not limited to regulatory and economic capital, pricing, Value-at-Risk, counterparty credit risk and stress testing.
The successful incumbent will actively lead assignments covering new model development and implementation, model validation and risk management framework implementation projects.
In terms of the asset classes or business units, this role would fit someone with academic knowledge and experience in retail, wholesale and trading book. Expertise in statistical and mathematical modelling and prior experience with theoretical and business justifications of stress testing models is an essential requirement for this role.
This position will entail significant interaction with the banking and investment management clients to develop, implement, test and maintain risk models, in particular models related to regulatory and strategic stress testing. Also very critical is the ability of the individual to be able to have a strong understanding of core regulatory principles (PRA/ EBA/ Fed). As such, this role would require the ability to multi-task and operate under aggressive deadlines.
• Work in a team that provides risk models as well as designs/prototypes new risk, portfolio management and regulatory risk models
• Ensure deployment, testing and continuous improvement of risk models and firm wide risk management frameworks
• Conduct empirical studies and make recommendations on modeling issues, and other risk-mitigation measures
• Ensure that the modeling methodologies and models are up to date with the proven theories in the field
• Present results to senior management and/or risk committees
Essential skills and experience:
• Must have previous work experience at a commercial bank, investment bank, or consulting firm
• MS or PhD in a quantitative field and possesses strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with some programming languages such as C++/C#, R, SAS, VBA and SQL is also required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to assess technical information and present key findings
• Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate hands on experience in development and implementation of models and/ or risk management frameworks