London Region Assurance - IT Controls Assurance - Manager
Line of service
Assurance - Risk Assurance - Business Resilience
Across all industries
Who we are looking for
Are you an experienced risk assurance professional interested in working with a diverse and exciting client group in one of the fastest growing teams in Assurance?
You'll need well developed skills within a wide range of disciplines including a strong background in accounting/audit combined with process and controls frameworks, technology/Enterprise Resource Planning
In addition to your technical skills, you will have proven capabilities in developing relationships, building trust in new contacts and demonstrating that such trust is justified by delivering into the longer term.
About the roleWe're a fast growing business unit with a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, including Audit, Risk Assurance and Transaction Services (TS), which are tailored to help mid-sized and
We take pride in helping clients to identify, measure and manage their risk profile more effectively. Our specialists offer knowledge and expertise, which extends to clients’ internal controls (including IT systems), technology, non-financial reporting, corporate sustainability and regulatory compliance.
In addition to supporting the external financial audit, we also provide a variety of internal audit and advisory services. Our capabilities support a wide range of businesses and industry sectors, on each and every project we undertake the advice and assurance we deliver is tailored and focused on the individual needs of that client.
Your role will involve the following:
- Working with a range of clients managing and delivering Controls Assurance engagements (Controls Assurance as part of External Audit)
- IT risk assessment and IT general planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments
- Planning and sequencing the Assurance activities with our clients to align with the overall External Audit programme of work
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of the control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Leading and developing your teams through reviews with our clients, building the broader skills of the team through effective coaching.
- Building relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with senior client management teams on ongoing engagements
- Supporting the leadership team with the Audit growth agenda
- On-going development of in depth industry experience and process expertise.
- Opportunity for working from home? Minimal but project dependent
- Amount of time client based - 70%
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home? Yes - project dependent
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Yes
- Amount of time PwC office based - 30%
- IT risk assessment and IT general controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments
- Process and controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of engagements and reviews
- Understanding of Internal Control Frameworks e.g. COSO and end to end processes
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level
- Understanding of accounting and ability to integrate effectively systems and controls findings to the audit approach
- Strong team working skills and experienced in developing junior staff
- Awareness of common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Awareness of current/emerging market trends and issues
- Following formal methodologies and applying risk and quality standards
- Technically strong & numerate with a commercial focus on engagements
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability
- Able to work without the need for day to day direct management
- Good at networking and building relationships