LTT RAS - Internal Controls Manager
About the team
The GRC team in Risk Assurance London Top Tier (RA LTT) provides financial and risk assurance solutions to some of PwC’s top Channel 2 clients. We are seeking managers to join our established Control design and implementation team
We are looking for a manager to undertake client facing work with the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic and creative about developing themselves and others.
- Motivated to take ownership of project delivery and confident to work independently when required.
- A proven ability to manage complex projects and senior stakeholders including leading meetings and workshops with large groups.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience of applying key principles of governance, risk and internal control management, ideally with experience in the design and implementation of risk and control frameworks.
- Able to apply technical knowledge of finance, business and IT processes, or principles relating to risk and internal controls to new organisations or environments.
- Experience in process mapping across a range of financial and operational business processes.
- Experience in developing, implementing or using Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools.
- Experience in building methodologies and implementing processes to monitor controls and work with client stakeholders to remediate control failures.
- An accountancy qualification is desirable but not essential.
This is an opportunity to:
- Further develop your knowledge of controls frameworks across a multitude of clients across different business sectors.
- Work as part of a diverse team with individuals from different background and disciplines.
- Extend your network and experience beyond your current clients and business unit.
- Further develop transferable client relationship skills, dealing with senior members of client staff, including those from outside the finance function.
- As part of the project team, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing methodologies for the identification of process level risks and the implementation of controls.
- Input to the design of assurance processes over internal controls including supporting the implementation of GRC technologies.
- Leading teams to perform process walkthroughs, process mapping and identification of controls and control gaps.
- Supporting the design and implementation of new controls aligned to best practice.
- Supporting the design and implementation of control remediation activities.
- Training control operators in how to operate controls.