LTT - Commercial Quality Assurance Delivery Lead
About the role
The IT Commercial Assurance team helps companies reduce risk and improve commercial outcomes when embarking on complex technology change programmes. Typically reporting to the CFO, sponsor or programme director on complex business transformations, our team provides independent challenge and scrutiny over some of the most innovative and challenging initiatives currently being undertaken in the UK.
We are looking for a successful commercial and programme delivery manager who can help clients design, execute and manage the complex third-party relationships necessary to deliver complex IT change programmes. They should have broad delivery experience and have a relentless focus on quality as well as cost, understanding how to set up and execute programmes that deliver benefits on time and to budget.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality assurance and supplier performance reviews over complex technology change programmes;
- Assessing projects to review the compliance, effectiveness or maturity of a client’s supplier and performance management activities;
- Reviewing commercial matters (i.e. major deals / business cases / commercial strategies) and providing observations, recommendations and proposals to clients;
- Leading or supporting the formation and / or review of complex third party arrangements on major technology outsourcing or programme based activities;
- Leading and performing supplier compliance and dispute resolution activities, to investigate value leakage or identify poor performance;
- Identifying commercial risk, threats and opportunities at technology programmes across the FTSE100.
The role is primarily client facing at a senior level in often time-pressured environments; whilst there is frequent scope to innovate, recommendations must be based upon clear commercial logic and a robust understanding of the client’s unique circumstances and issues.
You will operate as part of a close knit team and will benefit from constant interaction from senior team members and other experts from across the PwC network. The successful candidate will have a high capacity and appetite for ongoing learning and development.
Additional activities may include:
- Giving and supporting industry presentations;
- Contributing and leading on business development activities;
- Contributing to thought-leadership; and,
- Co-ordinating training / preparing management information.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Previous experience of working in professional services either delivering or reviewing technology change programmes;
- Previous experience of implementing commercial arrangements with technology hardware, software, integrator and outsource / cloud service providers;
- Previous experience leading or providing input in to procurement activities and negotiation/contracting strategies; and,
- Previous experience or an understanding of IT enabled business transformation programmes.
The role will allow the right individual to progress rapidly through the firm and develop a broad set of
skills and experiences that are highly valued by senior executives at our clients.
- Opportunity for working from home? Yes
- Amount of time client based - 95%
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home - Yes 40%
- Opportunity for flexible working? Yes
- Amount of time PwC office based 60%
2:1 or above class degree (any subject); and,
Appropriate technical certifications and accreditations (ITIL, PRINCE, TOGAF etc.); and / or,
Relevant IT audit / internal audit qualification