Data Management and Assurance SA
Who we are looking for
The Risk Assurance Services Data Assurance team at PwC is seeing significant growth. To support this, we are looking to recruit a Senior Associate with an interest in data management and data analysis to join our growing Northern team, based in central Manchester and working on a variety of clients.
About the role
Businesses constantly make decisions based on the data held within their IT systems. As systems become more complex and integral to the operation and direction of the business, the importance of understanding the underlying data and information generated has never been greater. The Data Assurance team work with clients and PwC audit teams to better understand and analyse their data for numerous and varied purposes.
The type of work is varied, from supporting an audit, helping a company visualise its data, create a business model based on a data set, or help an organisation migrate legacy data into a new business system. The premise of all engagements we undertake is to add value to the client.
• Being a part of client-facing project teams, being self-starting and motivated to ensure you can contribute towards producing the required high standard of deliverables;
• Building and maintaining relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with clients by establishing credibility through your knowledge, approach and professionalism;
• Helping to manage projects including coaching junior members of the team on assignments;
• Supporting business development by identifying opportunities; and
• Helping to develop propositions and delivery methodologies.
We Can Offer
• Variety: An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
• Opportunity: To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and inter-personal skills.
• Support: We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
• Training: PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and 'soft' (e.g. report writing) skills.
• Challenge: We work in an atmosphere where you are encouraged to be creative and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
Opportunity for working from home? No
Amount of time client based (%) 35%
Opportunity for job sharing? No
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home ? Yes
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? No
Amount of time PwC office based (%) 65%
Working as part of the Data Assurance team, reporting to a Manager and ultimately the RA North Partners.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Background and track record of technical experience in data mining and how this can be used for assurance / auditing or adding value to a client - e.g. Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs)
- Analytical skills - Understands and can describe typical issues surrounding the quality of data within business systems and how these can be resolved. Is able to assimilate data and provide insightful analysis to address client’s questions or problems in a timely fashion.
- Evidence of interpersonal skills – specifically a high level of interaction with business and not focussed on a back office technical role.
- Evidence of working to budgets and deadlines as part of day to day or a project role.
- The ability to work flexibly and effectively in different teams for varying periods of time whilst still building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
- Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
- Must be able to articulate a business issue and potential impact without resorting to technical language
- Some knowledge of finance/accounting, although not essential.
- Ability to multi task.
- Microsoft BI Stack including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, MS Excel and MS Access
- Good working knowledge of ACL, VBA ,
- Knowledge of an ERP e.g. SAP or Oracle
- Data Visualisation tools such as QlikView or Tableau