Programme Risk and Assurance Manager
Organisations are always undertaking change, and this can involve technology, people and processes. This can include to help deliver strategic objectives (e.g. to grow and acquire new business), to address issues or operational inefficiencies, to manage market and economic change (e.g. Brexit), or to meet increasing regulatory challenges and requirements.
When delivering change organisations need to consider three key questions: (i) are they delivering the right change, (ii) is it being successfully delivered, and (iii) will the change be sustainable. Underpinning this, organisations also need to ensure that the projects and programmes through which they will deliver this change, and the infrastructure that surrounds this, are set up and operating effectively.
Our Financial Services Programme Risk &Assurance team work with clients across the financial services sector to help clients with these challenges. We provide assurance and advisory services which include:
• Programme assurance
• PMO support
• Project / programme delivery support
• Programme / Portfolio and change SME advice and support
• Strategy and transformation planning
About the role
The role holder will be a Manager in our Programme Risk & Assurance team and will have responsibility for delivering the range of assurance and advisory services that we provide.
This will include involvement in the planning, managing and delivery of a portfolio of client engagements, working directly with internal and external stakeholders. Requirements of the role will also include working with other members of the PwC Financial Services team to help develop new business propositions to meet our clients’ needs, and to help grow our business.
As a Manager, it will be expected that you will work as part of PwC and client teams, but also be able to work as an individual. You will have responsibilities for managing junior members of staff and working directly with senior management within PwC and at clients.
- Providing Project Risk & Assurance services to clients, including programme assurance, project management and delivery, PMO support, and other project risk management activities.
- Taking responsibility for leading fieldwork on client engagements; and being involved in wider engagement management.
- Managing colleagues to provide advisory services;
- Exposure to current thinking around specialist areas, e.g. with regard to regulatory compliance or business technology;
- Exposure to current thinking around best practices and industry standards for project management and project risk;
- Developing opportunities with new and prospective clients through consultation and by designing innovative assurance activities that address their business needs.
· Direct experience in the management and delivery of projects / programmes and/or in the development and running of PMOs;
· Ability to quickly understand and apply knowledge of specific technical requirements associated with common project deliverables, e.g. technology implementations and regulatory change. Has some previous experience in a specific technical area, e.g. has a technology background;
· Good understanding of common business processes;
· Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
· Good understanding of key project risks and risk management activities;
· Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams;
· Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and exemplary report writing skills;
· A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions, alongside the integrity and courage to challenge the status quo;
· Can demonstrate experience in people management and leading teams;
· Well-developed listening and questioning techniques;
· Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
· Prepared to travel in the UK and, to a lesser extent overseas, and to work to tight deadlines, when necessary;
· A breadth of experiences that enables you to hold broad business conversations and articulate complex issues to clients in a manner that is clear and unambiguous.
· PRINCE2, MSP or Agile/Scrum knowledge and/or certification;
· ACA (or equivalent) fully or part qualified or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified;
· Understanding of the key principles around risk management;
· Previous experience performing consulting / advisory services;
· Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments and risk management practices at a task and organisation level.