IT Change Delivery Director - FS Technology Consulting
Our Consulting practice helps organisations to work smarter and grow faster. With plans to treble its revenues over the next four years, Consulting is the fastest growing area of PwC. To support this growth we’re looking for an IT Change Delivery Director within our Retail and Commercial Banking focussed Technology Consulting team.
The increased focus on transparency within the marketplace and ever-increasing regulatory requirements need to be addressed in parallel. Our Financial Services (FS) client base covers a breadth of FTSE 100 organisations covering Retail and Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance and Investment Management (I&IM). In the current economic climate, organisations are increasingly turning to PwC for advice on leveraging their business operations and sustainably developing their organisations in response to market opportunities.
We deliver high value solutions, from strategy to execution, solving our clients’ complex business problems through technology enablement:
Driving value from technology and operations;
Competitive advantage through agility;
Risk and regulatory complexity;
Achieving business insight; and
Achieving business growth.
- Understanding client needs and designing programmes to fulfil requirements;
- Overseeing the delivery of programmes;
- Translating our client's’ strategic digital objectives into executable programmes of work, from strategy through to implementation;
- Building relationships with our key Retail and Commercial Banking clients;
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile;
- Technology and wider Consulting team building; and
- Thought leadership.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience leading large-scale transformation programmes across multiple Retail and Commercial Banking organisations;
- Experience of DevOps, Agile and Waterfall development methods and tools;
- Significant knowledge of industry good practice in the following areas - customer insight and user experience, analytics, security, business change, organisation design, business case design and benefits delivery management;
- Experience in managing both onshore and offshore delivery teams;
- Understanding of typical IT service delivery models used in Retail and Commercial Banking industry;
- Significant knowledge of the application and solution architecture choices within the Retail and Commercial Banking technology landscape;
- Delivery skills - the ability to use our industry and technical skills to better deliver practical solutions that are valued by the client, for instance, the shaping and delivery of recently outsourced IT service;
- Ability to translate end state business and technology models into architectural blueprints;
- Individual, social and business interaction - flexibility in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the firm's values;
- Business acumen to identify client’s real business needs which PwC can satisfy;
- First class delivery skills of large, complex and multi-vendor projects;
Desirable skills and experience:
- Business skills - understanding our client's business and showing strong commercial acumen in the seeking out of opportunities and the winning of work;
- Wider FS experience - experience in Capital Markets and Insurance and Investment Management (I&IM) sectors;
- Analytical skills - identifying and diagnosing client issues through rigorous analysis, including data analytics, rather than selling PwC solutions; and
- Technical skills – knowledge of specific technologies and methods that can be used to drive quality and efficiency across key processes.
Belfast, Leeds, London, Manchester