Risk Consulting – Asset Management Senior Manager
About the team
In support of our growth, PwC's Consulting practice is currently recruiting Senior Consultants, who will focus on the Asset Servicing & Asset Management (ASAM) sector, into its Risk and Regulatory (R&R) Consulting team.
About the role
As a Senior Consultant you are expected to primarily work on client engagements, contributing to and leading Transformation projects (delivery), although you will also spend time developing R&R solutions in the ASAM area (development). As a senior member of the FS R&R Consulting Group you will be closely working with and reporting into Director and Partner Grades.
This role will be primarily client-based, developing teams and leading/ supporting transformational work and change engagements as well as supporting business development responsibilities. The role will require you to have experience in asset management or asset servicing in either a front or middle office regulatory change function. You will have familiarity with regulatory requirements particularly MIFID II as well as understanding the upcoming regulations impacting this sector.
- Delivering Risk and Regulation projects, taking leadership roles in mixed PwC/ client teams
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for our ASAM clients
- It is likely that your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other competencies and skills is important (Technology, Operations etc…) is desirable
- Building relationships with our key ASAM clients
- Identifying client needs and proposing solutions to them;
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Being part of the leadership team in the R&R practice; and
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile.
- Demonstrating deep understanding in your specialist field of the issues facing our clients and the successful solutions they might deploy in the area of regulatory reform
- The ability to stay abreast of regulatory developments driving the industry and key issues affecting regulated firms so as to anticipate and understand the impact of such developments on clients;
- The ability to bring knowledge and experience of business processes and regulatory expectations to our clients in a way that delivers value to them;
As a Senior Consultant (senior manager grade), your direct reporting line will be to a Director or Partner. You will work as a senior member of our team and be expected to lead engagements or large programme workstreams (team sizes will vary depending on client/ project).
You will have been supporting decision making at a senior level and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges.
Essential skills and experience
- Significant understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting our FS clients
- In depth knowledge of the key trends and regulatory changes shaping the asset servicing and asset management industry
- Ability to be agile and work on a range of engagements within Financial Services, excellent consulting skills are critical
- Significant relevant change leadership experience with one or more of the following types of organisation: Traditional or Alternative Fund Manager, Fund Services Provider, Prime Broker or Custodian;
- Strong understanding of the role of all of the key players in the ASAM value chain and across the lifecycle of a trade
- A good understanding of fund types (OEIC, UCITS, AIFs, private equity and hedge fund types), typical associated trading strategies and key differences;
- Knowledge of the asset classes and products that funds typically invest in (Equities, FI, Derivatives Real Estate, etc)
- Familiarity with key systems and infrastructure used by ASAM businesses
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level; and
- Demonstrated experience of managing a large team.
- Education to degree level;
- Additional qualifications such as ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA/ MBA are highly valued but not essential;
- Confident approach, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team;
- Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience;
- Demonstrable end to end project management lifecycle experience (design, build, implementation);
- Experience of working in an international environment is highly desirable but not essential; and
- First class delivery skills of large, complex projects.