Technology Risk Consulting Senior Manager
About the team
We are planning to expand against a background of high client demand for our services, in light of the ongoing high volume of complex risk and regulatory change programmes across the Financial Services industry. We have an unrivalled client base and breadth of project types, and we provide support to clients in relation to all aspects of risk and regulatory change including financial and non-financial risk management, capital management, risk modelling, risk management frameworks, operating model change, regulatory compliance programmes, risk technology, risk data and risk reporting in the UK, across Continental Europe and globally. Our clients include all the leading banks, asset management firms and insurers.
About the role
We are seeking Senior Managers to join our UK Risk Consulting Team, based in London and on client sites, with strong risk data and risk technology expertise although wider experience in risk management will also prove advantageous.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll lead delivery teams on complex risk and regulatory data management client engagements from strategy through to implementation, managing and delivering all aspects of complex engagements. You will act as a subject matter expert, in addition to contributing to business development and managing client relationships, often as the main point of contact on assignments. Your role will also include working with Partners & Directors on internal proposition and thought leadership development on industry specific offerings, and supporting the sales process through proposal development.
Risk technology and data is a significant focus area for many of our clients, and we anticipate a large number of opportunities to help our clients understand how to best navigate the evolving regulatory landscape (e.g. BCBS 239) and take advantage of emerging leading practices and innovations to improve financial performance and gain competitive advantage. Specifically this will include helping clients better leverage data, technology and MI, both strategically and tactically, to meet new risk and regulatory requirements. We are looking for people to join us who are excited by being at the cutting edge of transformational change in financial services.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for individuals with relevant consulting experience, or who are looking for new challenges and believe that they can leverage their existing skills in a new environment, who are able to work well as part of a team and who are responsible, decisive, clear-thinking and self-motivated.
You will have direct experience of working in industry, or of undertaking large scale projects within financial services firms. You will demonstrate a strong understanding of industry business drivers and innovations, and will be able to articulate a relevant point of view on how PwC and our clients should respond.
In recognition of the need to invest in future growth of the practice, you'll not only have demonstrated relevant technical skills and experience, but also have the potential, with some development support, to move on to lead on key client accounts and product areas, using your strong relationship and people management skills.
Skills & Experience
• Significant work experience in a number of technical areas: Risk and data architecture, data governance, data strategy, data quality, master data management, reference data, knowledge of the data management vendor landscape, business analysis, technical analysis
• Relevant consulting/ advisory experience in Banking and Capital Markets, Asset Management and/or Insurance
• Experience of change programmes within the Risk function of large FS firms
• Experience of Risk Reporting and MI projects, including knowledge of key regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. Corep, Finrep, Anacredit, Stress Testing)
• Experience and/or good knowledge of regulatory change programmes (e.g. BCBS 239, GDPR, MiFID 2, FRTB)
• Direct experience of working in a relevant role in industry would be a benefit
• Have led consulting or multidisciplinary projects, responsible for project management and delivery, including the management of staff, delegation of responsibilities and delivering projects to time and budget
• Have contributed to business development and thought leadership
• Have experience of being responsible for the development and growth of junior staff, including objective setting and performance management
• Have strong oral, listening and written communication skills
• Have a logical and quantitative mindset, and can demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving
• Be ambitious and self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision, and demonstrate resilience under pressure
• Demonstrate that you stay abreast of industry and technology developments and are able to implement these on projects