Assurance Senior Manager
Who we are
Our Assurance Centre of Excellence is based in Belfast, providing specialist support to all business units across our UK firm. Our team supports many of the firm’s leading clients on a wide range of global and complex audit engagements.
Who are we looking for?
Due to continued expansion, we have an immediate opportunity for a qualified accountant or auditor to take a senior role in the leadership and further development of the CoE. This is an excellent opportunity for someone from an Assurance background who wants to step away from audit engagement delivery yet maintain technical skills through a supervisory role.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity for long term career progression.
About the role
As part of the Assurance CoE you will be responsible for a large team providing assurance audit support to the UK firm. Your role will include quality assurance within the CoE but also be responsible for business development and people management aligned to daily operations and activities.
As part of an Assurance CoE you will make a difference by:
· Being at the forefront of delivering Assurance strategy.
· Driving innovation and thought leadership across CoE activities, in terms of what we do and how we do it (both locally and globally).
· Driving efficient, high quality delivery of the CoE by applying your auditing skills and experiences, and in doing so help build knowledge of these areas back in the core business.
· Defining our virtual working practices of the future, by discovering the best techniques to build relationships and rapport with clients and teams remotely.
· Helping build a distinctive experience and compelling proposition for our people
· Strengthening client relationships through application of your deep specialism/s.
What is in it for you?
This is a fast paced, challenging environment which can provide you with a rewarding and stimulating career. You will work with well known, global clients and have the opportunity to try new things and gain a range of experiences. You will also benefit from our ongoing Assurance technical and Professional Skills training programmes to assist with your continual personal and professional development.
Where will you be based?
Our CoE is located in PwC’s Belfast office, although you may be required to travel on occasion to PwC UK offices for business meetings and training. We will discuss these requirements with you in advance of starting a project.
· Qualified Chartered Accountant with minimum 4+ years post qualification;
· Assurance / audit background ideally with Big 4;
· Ability to implement formal methodologies and risk and quality standards;
· A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo;
· Experience of people management and team leadership;
· Commercial awareness with proposition growth / development experience;
· Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
· Strong desire for personal continuous improvement; and
· Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability.
· Experience in Financial Service audits;
· Sarbanes Oxley testing experience;
· Experience of third party reporting standards such as ISAE 3000, ISAE 3402, SSAE 16; and
· Delivery centre experience.