Data & Analytics GDPR Manager
Line of service
Assurance - Data and Analytics
Data and Analytics
Who we are looking forPwC is strengthening our capabilities in Financial Services Risk & Regulation as our clients face significant shifts in the regulatory environment. The Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) team focuses on supporting clients in using their data to meet their regulatory obligations and in extracting value from their data assets.
A core component of the current regulatory agenda is for clients to understand the full landscape of their personal data assets and how they can establish a controls framework to satisfactorily comply with data privacy requirements that are becoming more stringent. The use and governance of data is becoming more and more important to our clients.
To meet growing demand in this area, we are looking to hire individuals with relevant experience in data protection and data management. The role is to work with our clients in assisting risk, compliance and finance departments in becoming compliant with the new Global Data Protection Regulation and in using these data assets to make better decisions and getting faster results.
We are looking for Managers to join our fast growing Data Protection proposition in Financial Services. We have ambitious plans and are looking for self-starting individuals who can develop, support the build of our go-to-market propositions and excel in client delivery.
About our teamPwC work with some of the largest UK and International Financial Services organisations, including:
- Retail banks
- Investment banks
- Mortgage lenders
- Brokers and dealers
- Asset managers
- Insurance companies
The Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) team work with clients to manage business risk through improved insight from advanced analytics and data visualisation, and by establishing the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. In addition, we assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties are accurate, complete and trustworthy.
What makes ARCA stand out is our ability to combine data analytics and assurance with our offerings in regulatory compliance, technology assurance and risk management, to offer truly innovative services and solutions to our clients.
About the roleWe support our clients with a range of services such as:
- Assessing and optimizing data governance processes and operations in order to meet data protection requirements
- Designing automated and data-driven controls to better manage and protect data assets to meet data privacy obligations
- Data Discovery, Data Flow mapping, Privacy Impact Assessments, Data and Process Analysis for Remediation Planning
- Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
- Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics to improve understanding of business processes, identify potential weaknesses and provide operational resilience
- Implementing and optimising trade surveillance and AML transaction monitoring systems
- PwC’s strength is our ability to work with our clients on the key issues that impact their business and utilise industry leading data techniques and approaches as part of excellence in client delivery
- Be an active member of the team on client-facing project work, being self-starting and motivated to produce the required high standard of deliverables
- Managing workstreams or small teams to deliver excellence to our clients
- Supporting our ARCA propositions and delivery methodologies
- Assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses
- Establishing credibility both internally and externally through your knowledge, approach and professionalism.
RequirementsDemonstrable ability in all of the following areas:
- Understanding of Data Protection project (DPA/GDPR) delivery in the financial services sector
- Understanding of Data Protection Policies
- Ability to identify and address client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client’s business
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and billing and collection
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining extensive client relationships
- Assisting with the Leading of teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules
- Ability to think creatively and determine ways to overcome challenges when completing tasks
- Researching and analysing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters
- Approaching clients and team members in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear requests for information
- A track record in identifying and converting business development opportunities and developing a market presence
- Data manipulation and analytics skills using technologies such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, MS Excel, Oracle or similar.
- Data visualisation skills using tools such as Spotfire, Qlikview and/or Tableau
- Prior experience in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist
- Data quality and data cleansing techniques
- Data modelling experience
- Knowledge of database and ETL technologies
- Experience of business analysis tasks and approaches
- Demonstrable work experience in a data protection regulation
- Experience and qualification (or in the process of undertaking) in Data Privacy management
- A technical background in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar
- Ability to gain a UK Government Security Clearance