Data & Analytics - Assurance - Manager
Who we are looking for
If you are a Data Analytics savvy professional with experience in Financial Services or Consultancy this will be an excellent opportunity for you to join a successful team at a time of growth.
PwC is strengthening our capabilities in Financial Services Risk & Regulation as our clients face significant shifts in the regulatory environment. A core component of the regulatory agenda is leveraging data assets to better manage the constantly shifting and demanding regulatory requirements. The use and governance of data is becoming more and more important to our clients.
To meet this growing demand, we are significantly investing in our Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) practice globally in Financial Services to assist risk, compliance, & finance departments of FTSE 350 companies in using data to make better decisions and get faster results through the use of analytics, strategy, tools and data governance.
Our team focuses on helping financial institutions leverage their data assets to manage their regulatory requirements. Our services cover critical regulatory topics such as Anti Money Laundering (AML), Trade Surveillance, Fraud, Employee Intelligence, Risk Reporting and Regulatory Compliance. We are currently looking for experienced managers to join our fast growing team in the Banking and Capital Markets business. We have ambitious plans and are looking for individuals who can develop and build our go-to-market propositions and excel in client delivery.
About Our Team
PwC work with some of the largest UK and International Financial Services organisations, including:
As the business and regulatory environment becomes more complex, these organisations are collecting and using more data than ever before. This introduces new and on-going challenges as they try to maximize and effectively use this data.
The Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) team works with clients to manage business risk through improved insight from advanced analytics and data visualisation, and by establishing the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. In addition, we assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and trustworthy. What makes ARCA stand out is our ability to combine data analytics and assurance with our offerings in regulatory compliance, technology assurance and risk management, to offer truly innovative services and solutions to our client
About the roleOur vision for ARCA aligns with our Firm’s goal of being a pre-eminent management consulting firm. As trusted advisors to senior level executives, we seek to assist them in maximising value from their data assets to reduce risk, improve efficiency, ensure compliance and identify and develop new business opportunities.
We support our clients with a range of services:
- Assessing and optimizing data governance processes and operations
- Designing automated and data-driven controls to better manage and protect data assets
- Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
- Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics to improve understanding of business processes, identify potential weaknesses and provide operational resilience
- Developing data analytics routines to test detection scenario
- Implementing and optimising trade surveillance and AML transaction monitoring systems
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Managing projects including project delivery, budget and risk
- Actively contributing on client-facing project work, being self-starting and motivated to produce the required high standard of deliverables
- Developing and owning ARCA propositions and delivery methodologies
- Building and maintaining relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with clients
- Supporting sales through work on bids, proposal responses and developing opportunities
About YouIn order to be successful you will need to show ability in most of the following areas:
- Data analytics and visualisation products such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview
- Advanced data analytics, using platforms such as SAS, SPSS, R/S/S+
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills
- Data quality and data cleansing techniques
- Understanding of the principles of data governance
- Experience of the UK Financial Services industry
- Understanding relevant Financial Services regulation (e.g. BCBS, CRD IV, MIFID, EMIR, AML, insider trading, fraud, compliance)
- Advanced MS Excel
You will also need to have:
- Track record of managing data project delivery and project teams including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce project deliverables
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and projects
- Ability to identify and address client needs, develop and maintain meaningful client relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Understanding of statistical analytics methods and the ability to apply these in the appropriate circumstances
- Data modelling and/or data architecture experience
- Knowledge of database and ETL technologies
- Experience of business analysis tasks and approaches
- A technical background in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar
- Ability to gain a UK Government Security Clearance
- SAS / SQL certified practitioner qualification