Data & Analytics Senior Manager - Assurance - London
Who we are looking for
If you are a Data Analytics savvy professional with experience in Financial Services or Consultancy this might be an excellent opportunity for you to join a successful team at a time of growth. To meet the growing demand in Financial Services Risk & Regulation area, we are investing in our Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) practice globally.
We are currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our team as experienced senior managers. We have ambitious plans and are looking for individuals with the right blend of hands-on data analysis experience, an eye for innovation to help us build what we offer clients and understanding of the markets in which we work.
About our team
Our team focuses helping financial institutions leverage their data assets to manage their regulatory requirements. Our services cover critical regulatory topics such as AML, Trade Compliance, Fraud, Employee Intelligence, and Regulatory.
We work with UK and International Financial Services organisations, including Retail and Investment banks, mortgage lenders, regulators, brokers and dealers, exchanges, asset managers and insurance companies.
We help our clients to manage business risk through improved insight from advanced analytics and data visualisation and establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. We assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and can be trusted.
What makes us different is our ability to combine data analytics and assurance with our offerings in regulatory compliance, technology assurance and risk management to offer truly innovative services and solutions to our clients.
About the role
We assist companies in maximising value from their data assets to reduce risk, improve efficiency, ensure compliance and identify and develop new business opportunities
- Assessing data governance processes and operations to manage data submitted to regulatory bodies
- Developing data analytics routines to identify and scenario test risks
- Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics to improve understanding of business processes and potential weaknesses
- Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
- Designing automated and data-driven controls and structures to better manage and protect data assets
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Manage projects including project delivery, budget and risk
- Lead client-facing project teams, being self-starting and motivated to ensure the team produce the required high standard of deliverables
- Drive team performance and supporting team operations
- Develop and own ARCA propositions and delivery methodologies
- Build and maintain relationships both within the PwC network and with external clients
- Lead business development by managing proposal responses and developing opportunities
About You - In order to be successful you will need to show ability in most of the following areas:
- Data analytics and visualisation products such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview
- Advanced data analytics, using platforms such as SAS, SPSS, R/S/S+
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills
- Data quality and data cleansing techniques
- Understanding of the principles of data governance
- Experience of the UK Financial Services industry
- Understanding relevant Financial Services regulation (e.g. BCBS, CRD IV, MIFID, EMIR, AML, insider trading, fraud)
- Advanced MS Excel
You will also need to have:
- Track record of managing data project delivery and project teams including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce project deliverables
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and projects
- Ability to identify and address client needs, develop and maintain meaningful client relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Understanding of statistical analytics methods and the ability to apply these in the correct circumstances
- Data modelling and /or data architecture experience
- Knowledge of database and ETL technologies
- Experience of business analysis tasks and approaches
- A technical background in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar
- Ability to gain a UK Government Security Clearance
- SAS / SQL certified practitioner qualification