Indirect Tax - Compliance, Senior Associate - Birmingham
Who We Are Looking for
PwC are the market leaders in global VAT compliance services, providing services too many of the firm’s largest and most important clients. We provide clients with VAT compliance services throughout EMEA and also Asia Pac and Latin America.
Within our IF100 Indirect Tax Compliance team in Birmingham we are looking for an individual with an interest in developing their experience in indirect tax compliance and develop a career within an established team.
Working within the wider team you will be responsible for the preparation and Review of draft indirect tax returns using our Indirect Tax Technologies. You will be allocated to a [portfolio of clients in order that high quality returns are produced and client relationships are developed to maximum potential. You will be responsible for liaising with clients and the wider PwC network in order to ensure quality and timely delivery. You will build relationships with both client contacts and the PwC network.
Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work on ad-hoc global VAT compliance projects, wider Indirect Tax process projects and assisting clients on issues such as overseas registrations, e-filing, potential impact of new overseas Indirect Tax legislation and tax authority audit support etc.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to build global VAT technical skills, global VAT compliance awareness and the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments. This is an excellent platform for furthering your career within VAT and opportunities for training are available.
The role will be based in central Birmingham.
About the role
On a day to day basis responsibilities will include:
• Dealing with client financial data and processing into our Indirect Tax Technologies
• Running and reviewing the client specific exception reports produced by the technology
• Reviewing draft returns before final review by Managers
• With Manager support, managing timetables and contractual scope to ensure delivery against compliance obligations
• VAT technical and accounting review of draft returns and client specific exception reports;
• Selecting specific transactions for further review;
• Liaising with the appropriate client personnel;
• Liaising with the global PwC network;
• Ensuring high quality service delivery to our clients;
• Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT compliance;
• Supporting junior members of the team.
• Amount of time office based: 90-100%
• Amount of time at client sites: up to 10%
• Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasional
• Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
• Opportunity for working from home?: No
• Opportunity for job sharing?: No
Successful candidate will need to possess and demonstrate a broad range of capabilities and skills, including:
• Good VAT Compliance knowledge;
• Previous experience in a VAT related role
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Excellent self-organisational skills
• Ambition and a strong desire to succeed;
• A commitment to team working;
• An ability to work within a strict timetable and deadlines