Corporate Tax Senior Manager - Private Business
About the team
A Corporate Tax Senior Manager is required to work in the Gatwick office as part of the South East Private Business tax team. This is a great opportunity to join an office with ambitious growth plans, working in a progressive and friendly environment. The successful candidate will join a team working on household names, providing technically stimulating advice.
About the role
You will be responsible for helping to manage an established team and providing excellent quality advisory services to a high profile portfolio of both UK and multinational clients that are privately owned, either by wealthy entrepreneurs, management teams or families. Responsibilities will predominantly be focussed on advisory work as tax compliance work is delivered from our compliance centre. The work is wide-ranging including value extraction, incentivising management, succession planning, providing domestic and international advice and some audit of tax work.
This position provides the ideal platform to utilise your extensive UK corporate tax knowledge, with experience of advising privately owned companies. You will also possess strong communication skills. This is a role for an all-round business adviser who enjoys working closely with clients to provide them with pro-active innovative and commercial tax services.
As a Senior Manager you will have the opportunity to work with experienced Partners and Directors across the South East region. The team will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment.
Duties and responsibilities will involve:
• Managing a client portfolio and reporting to the Gatwick and wider South East based Partner / Director Group
• Managing and leading a team of corporate tax managers and associates responsible for the delivery of taxation services to a wide range of clients
• Managing the day to day client relationships supporting the Partner / Director Group in executing the Gatwick business and markets plan
• Playing a key role in the technical and personal development of the Gatwick tax team.
Essential skills and experience
• Minimum of 2:1 degree or equivalent
• UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent.
• You will have gained significant UK corporate tax advisory experience, and experience of audit of tax is preferred.
• You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
• You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internally.
• You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
• You will have experience of project managing and delegating work within a team context.
• You will have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.