Risk Assurance – Lead Solution Architect
Who we are looking forAs the Solution Assurance Lead you will be responsible for:
- Providing SME insight and robust challenge to client contracts over scoping, requirements, assumptions and dependency activities;
- Leading on technical analysis activities to provide challenge to the completeness and accuracy of client / supplier materials;
- Delivering assurance services over programme delivery, supplier acceptance milestones, and go-live readiness; and managing a broader QA team across several major programmes.
The role is primarily client facing at a senior level in often time-pressured environments; whilst there is frequent scope to innovate, recommendations must be based upon robust experience and understanding.
You will operate as part of a close knit team and will be part of a senior team of like-minded industry SMEs, therefore the successful candidate will have deep experience of IT programme delivery and a wealth of experience gained through the ‘battle scars’ of previous activities.
Additional activities may include:
- Giving and supporting industry presentations;
- Contributing to thought-leadership; and,
- Assisting with business development activities.
About the role
The PwC Commercial Assurance team is a fast growing, quick paced professional services operation. We operate at senior levels within our client organisations, helping executives understand the commercial impact of strategy business decisions, with a particular focus on the impact of third party relationships and the risks they pose in technology enabled business change programmes.
We align ourselves with other assurance capabilities and PwC Consulting to offer a seamless client advisory capability on major transformational projects.
The IT Commercial Assurance team specialises in assisting clients identify, mitigate and manage solution, delivery and commercial risks within major transformation programmes that are specifically reliant on third party partnerships with major technology services and product providers.
A significant part of our work is focused upon assisting clients identify and mitigate risk in major technology programmes, software deals and outsourcing agreements. Specifically we help:
- Develop a third party strategy for the delivery of complex transformational change programmes and outsourcings;
- Design and run procurement activities;
- Identify commercial, operational and delivery risks to be addressed during contracting;
- Design commercial contracting mechanisms to mitigate risk, drive value and minimise the likelihood of programme disruption and failure during delivery;
- Identify, design and execute negotiating strategies during contract negotiations;
- Challenge contract and project scope, requirements, dependencies and assumptions;
- Conduct QA activities across major transformation programmes; and,
- Perform contract reviews to evaluate supplier performance and delivery against the contractual
Essential skills and experience:
- BA Hons (or equiv.) minimum 2.1. Masters / MBA preferred;
- Extensive IT programme/project delivery including solution architecture in SI and/or outsourcing;
- Experience based around one or more of: SAP, Oracle, digital platforms/eCommerce, cloud, managed infrastructure services, offshore delivery;
- Ability to build impactful and lasting relationships with senior clients;
- Experience of change management and business transformation;
- Extensive experience in CR management and evaluation;
- Familiarity with solution development, scoping, contracting and business case development;
- Strong understanding of IT governance, quality assurance and project management methodologies;
- Excellent written and oral capabilities with the ability to distil complex information from multiple sources into clearly articulated summaries;
- Ability to identify recommendations in the context of the broader solution environment;