Forensic Services - Rights Manager (Core Licensing) - Belfast
Line of service
Deals - Forensic Services
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Manager who has previous experience in conducting licence, royalty and/or supplier contract compliance reviews. Ideally applicants will have an audit background and strong project management skills to drive projects through to timely completion.
This role will provide you with interesting investigative work, experience of leading highly prestigious accounts, exposure to senior management and partners of the firm and exposure to high profile complex and judgmental issues. There will also be the opportunity to travel to different countries.
About the role
Our global licensing and contract compliance team conducts forensic based reviews of licence, royalty, supplier and business partner contractual arrangements to ensure our clients are deriving maximum value from their contracts. We have conducted many thousands of reviews for our clients across the world. Our work covers a broad range of industry sectors, working with many blue chip organisations.
We are a rapidly expanding team and are now seeking an experienced manager to help us further build our team capability, handle client projects and help coach and lead the junior members of our team.
In particular you will be involved in:
- Leading programmes of licensing and contract compliance reviews and providing licensing and contract management and optimisation advice to blue chip organisations
- Acting as the point of contact for clients on and off site as well as being responsible for the planning, day to day engagement management and control, and completion of complex licensing and contract compliance review assignments
- Assisting the partner and director grow the practice by providing appropriate support on business development activities
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with new and established clients
- Working and liaising with other members of the team, and colleagues in other parts of Forensic Services and the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service
- Supervisory responsibility for teams, coaching, leading and training junior staff
The role will be based in either London or Belfast; however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be required to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice.
ACA or equivalent professional qualification with at least 3 years of broad ranging audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of licensing or contract compliance assignments.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation skills) as well as the ability to liaise effectively at all levels
- Flexibility with a willingness to travel, as many of the assignments involve overseas-based clients or licensees, experience of working in different cultures is desirable though not essential
- Strong project management and collaboration skills including but not limited to budgeting, resource planning, quality review, staff coaching and mentoring
- Good analytical skills (identifying issues, understands complex problems, drawing sound conclusions)
- Enthusiastic, diligent and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment
- Good IT skills with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The skills we look for in future employees:
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.